You/Annie Leonhart - Safe Part 1

You pushed past your limit to get through the streets in search of Annie. There was no way you were going to let them capture her despite the fact that she had kept her secret from you. The two of you had been dating for almost 3 years and yet she never said a word about it. 

"Hitch! Where's Annie?"

"(y/n)? What are you doing here?"

"Not now Hitch. I need to find Annie. Where is she?"

She gives you a knowing look as she crosses her arms. 

"Just how desperate are you to see her?"

Tired of her shit, you grab a fistful of her shirt and pushed her against the wall. 

"Where the fuck is Annie, Hitch?"

Her eyes widen, not expecting the reaction. From what Annie had told her, you were just as quiet and reserved as her. 

"She's down the block, guarding the Main Street. You can take a shortcut through that alley to reach her quicker."

You thank her and make your way over to the alley that she had pointed at. 

X

You don't bother to warn her about your arrival, simply gripping the back of her jacket and pulling her back into the alley. Annie just let you drag her into the alley as she knew it was you. Only you would dare to handler her like that as anyone else would already be slammed into the ground for daring to touch her. 

"(y/n), what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be keeping guard of Eren?"

"I'm here to tell you that you need to leave."

"What?"

"You need to leave the district. The Survey Corps know that you're the titan shifter and they're only pretending to turn in Eren so that they could capture you."

It took a second for Annie to realize what you had said. She hadn't expected for anyone to find out so soon but it made sense as she had been getting sloppy in covering her trail. 

"No. I'm not leaving without you."

"What makes you think that I'll leave you. You lied to me, Annie."

"I didn't lie.."

"So all those times that I asked you about wanting to train with you in the morning, you actually went out to train?"

"No, I just.."

"Then you did lie to me! I'm only warning you because a stupid part of me still cares for you despite what you had done. You need to go or who knows what they'll do to you if they actually capture you."

"I don't care what they do to me. I'm not leaving unless you come with me."

You scoff at her, not believing that she was even thinking that you would go with her. 

"For what? So you can keep lying to me and keeping me in the dark?"

"Not telling you was for your own good! Reiner and Bertolt would have killed you! I wasn't going to take the risk of them finding out that you knew."

Your eyes widen at her words. What she said made it seem like Reiner and Bertolt were also in on whatever was going on. 

"What the fuck are you talking about, Annie?"

She looks to the street, seeing that the cart 'holding' Eren was getting closer to the courthouse. 

"It's going to take too long to explain. Please, I just need you to trust me this once."

She attempts to take your hand but you pull it back before she's able to. 

"You killed all those people, Annie. How can I trust someone that killed their comrades?"

"Please! There's not a lot of time left. Just trust me and I'll tell you everything. I won't keep anything from you anymore."

"No! I'm not coming with you."

Annie sighs as she takes a step closer to you. She didn't want for things to go like this but you left her no choice.

"Then I'm sorry."

"Annie, what are you..."

With a hard punch to your jaw, she's quickly able to knock you out. Carrying you in her arms, Annie hurts herself and quickly transforms in the middle of the alley. There's so much damage around her but she doesn't pay it any attention as she runs to the wall and away from everyone that wanted her dead. She knew you were going to hate her when you woke up but it was the only way so she wouldn't lose you. There was no way she was going to be able to return back home but she at least would have you.