You/Mikasa Ackerman/Annie Leonhart - Crystal

AN: I'm not quite sure if I did how you wanted it to so if I didn't, let me know and I can rewrite it.

Annie hated how she couldn't do anything as her girlfriends talked about the troubles they had

Annie hated how she couldn't do anything as her girlfriends talked about the troubles they had. It hadn't always been like this. She would often look forward to having the two of you come down to visit her and catch her up with everything that's been happening but as of late, the two of you had stopped coming together. She wasn't sure what had happened until you broke down crying, begging her to come back.

"I...I can't do this anymore, Annie. We need you. We're falling apart without you. We tried keeping the cracks from spreading any further after what you did but we can't stop them anymore. Mikasa's been pulling away and I've tried to help. I really did but she's just pushing me away."

Annie couldn't see anything but she could tell from your quiet sobs that you were crying. She wanted to hold you in her arms and tell you that everything would get better but she couldn't. Instead, she was stuck inside a crystal that she wrapped herself in to avoid facing the consequences of her actions. Now she was watching her girlfriends fall apart without being able to do anything.

X

After you leave, Mikasa joins her in the basement. It's quiet for the longest time and when Mikasa speaks, Annie has to strain her eyes to be able to listen to her whispers.

"I'm not here to bother you anymore. I just came here to let you know that I'm going to break up with (y/n)." Annie tried to scream. She tried to move or even open her eyes to stop Mikasa but nothing worked. She still remained motionless inside the crystal. This could all have been avoided if she wasn't such a coward. "It was foolish to think that we could do this without you, Annie. I hate you so damn much for making us fall for you. Ever since you left, it's felt like a part of my heart was missing. With Eren betraying us, my heart can't take much anymore. I need to focus on stopping him. I know that I'm hurting (y/n) with how I'm pushing her away but this is for the best. I can't be emotionally available for her. I'm sorry, Annie."

Annie is soon left alone with her own thoughts. She hated herself for what she had done to the two of you. They had told her how much they needed her and yet she still left them alone.

X

You could barely see through your tears as you rushed to Annie. Mikasa had just broken up with you and you had no one else to turn to.

"She broke up with me, Annie! I did everything I could to be there for her and it still wasn't enough!"

Annie wanted to help. She hated hearing how devastated you were. She couldn't do anything to help you in the crystal but she could bring you in with her.

When you noticed Annie's crystal growing in your hands, you started to scream for help. Soldiers rushed to your aid but there was nothing they could do as the crystal grew around you.

X

After what happened, no one was allowed to be near the crystal. Mikasa was only allowed to visit with the condition that she stayed behind the rope to avoid having her being crystalized as well.

"I'm just so tired. After you took, (y/n), everything seems pointless to me now. I don't know if I should even keep fighting when everyone has abandoned me. I don't know what I did to deserve this. All I've ever wanted was to be happy and I was for a few months until you revealed yourself to us. I should hate you but I can't bring myself to. Hitch told me (y/n)'s last words and I realized that was your way of protecting her. As cruel as it it, you were still watching out for her. Maybe I should let you do the same thing to me. There's nothing out here for me."

Mikasa looks towards the guards and waits until they're not paying attention so she could touch the crystal. As the crystal grows on her hands, she doesn't scream out to helped. She's just relieved that she wasn't going to feel alone anymore.

X

The three of you gasp for air as the crystal melts. It had only been a few short weeks since Annie had encased the two of you in her crystal but it had felt like an eternity.

"Annie!"

The two of you call for her in unison. You both give her a tight hug, happy to finally be able to hold her. The moment of happiness is short-lived as the both of you slap a cheek.

"That was for leaving us."

"That was for betraying us."

Annie couldn't bring herself to get mad about the slaps. She 100% deserved it.

"I apparently have a lot to make up for."

While the world was in chaos, the three of you took a moment to relive your happy moments before everything went to shit.

-----------

All characters are 18+

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Mikasa Ackerman/Sasha Blouse - Malfunction

------------