You/Rico Brzenska - Ignorance Part 1

(Hogwarts AU)

(Hogwarts AU)

Seeing that the original person she was going to ask out for the ball was unavailable, Rico asked you.

"Of course! I'll be honored to go to the ball with you, Rico."

"Great! I'll wait for you at the stairs."

You sighed as you watched her brush you off. You knew you had been her second choice but at least you had a chance of having her undivided attention on you. It could possibly give you the opportunity to finally tell her how you felt. You hoped by the end of the night, Rico would forget about her crush and see that she had other options.

X

You took a deep breath as you look at yourself on last time. The ball was about to start in less than 30 minutes and you needed to hurry to meet with Rico.

"Okay, you can do this. You've thought of every scenario and practice your speech."

After fixing a lose strand of hair, you made your way out of the dorms and to the reception hall. As promised, Rico was waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs. You could tell she was getting impatient as she kept checking her watch. You walked down the stairs and greeted Rico with a smile.

"You look beautiful Rico."

She didn't bother looking at you as she got into her place and held out her arm for you to take. You do so as you join her side.

"Thanks, so do you. You almost didn't make it."

Her words and actions stung. You simply continued to smile as you looked ahead.

"I apologize. I had a last minute makeup emergency."

X

You felt like a fool for thinking Rico would focus her attention on you. Since the beginning of the ball, Rico wouldn't stop talking about Ian. It was always 'Ian this..' or 'Ian that..' Instead of being rude, you did your best to change the conversation without being obvious. Sometimes it worked but the others, Rico ignored you and kept trashing Ian's date. Finally having enough of being ignored, you decided to try one last thing.

"Lets dance. They're expecting for the school's champion to dance"

"Oh right."

She holds out her hand and the two of you make your way to the dance floor.

X

You were definitely a fool for expecting something different of Rico. After talking about Ian since the beginning, Rico still wouldn't stop despite the two of you dancing. It was even worse as she kept glancing over at him and his date. Because of her lack of attention, she often kept stepping on you. You ignored it the first couple of times but couldn't do so as it kept happening. Just as you were about to tell her off about the the stepping and overall the shitty date, Rico let out a loud gasp.

"They're kissing."

You turned to look at their direction and then back at Rico. You felt like this was the perfect opportunity to tell her to forget about him and to give you a chance. It didn't take a genius to realize it was a bad idea when you realize she was seconds away from crying. Instead of saying anything, you pulled her closer to you so the others wouldn't see her tears.

"We'll go after the champion's official dance."

"L...et's just go."

You quickly led her out of the hall while excusing yourself from everyone. All you could tell them was that Rico was feeling sick and she couldn't stay any longer. They all seemed to buy the excuse and let the two of you leave. You remained at her side, even holding her as she cried herself to sleep. Your confession was going to have to wait, Rico was hurting. The last thing you wanted to do was confuse her if you confessed how you felt.

-----------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any character.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Hitch ... - Rumors Part 2

Ymir - Confessions

Mikasa Ackerman - Late

Sasha Blouse - Beginnings

Pieck Finger - Wrong

-----------