You/Hitch Dreyse - Rumors Part 2

"So that's it? You're just going to betray your people? Most importantly, you're turning your back on Hitch?"

You scoffed at Ymir's words. You should've gagged her when Zeke and the others left.

"That's rich coming from you. You left Historia. Now shut up or I'll gag you."

Her laugh makes you roll your eyes. You were regretting the fact that you had begged to stay behind. You just couldn't bear to see your friends after betraying them.

"I guess we're both idiots then." She looks towards the sea and lets her head rest on the edge of the ship. "Don't you miss her? Don't you regret ever betraying her?"

"I told you to shut up!" You hated Ymir. You hated the fact that she shoved your mistakes in your face. She just had to be the one that had taken Marcel's titan. "Of course, I regret everything. I never planned to fall in love. I was only supposed to bring back the founding titan and then go home as a hero. She just had to be stupidly stubborn."

"Would you go back if you could?"

"In a heartbeat."

You answer without hesitation. She turns around to face you and holds out her hands.

"What do you say if we get out of here? We go back and beg for forgiveness."

You look down at her hands and then back to her. It had been months since you've heard or seen Hitch. You missed her almost as much as you missed your family. Maybe even more.

"They could kill my family. I...I can't Ymir. Hitch is safe but my family isn't. Maybe we were just not meant to be. Our relationship was doomed to fail since the beginning. I wish I could turn back to the time that we were strangers."

"You have some time to think before they return. Maybe you can't go back but you can write her a letter."

You stayed quiet to think about what Ymir said.

X

Without saying anything, you grabbed Ymir's arms and began cutting the rope holding them together.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm freeing you. I wrote a letter and I need you to deliver it."

"What?! You're not coming with me?"

You gave her a smile and hanged her the letter you had written.

"I told you that I can't go back. This is the only way that will guarantee closure for Hitch and my family will remain safe. Now go." You hand her a bag with supplies and shoved it in her arms. "I'll distract the guards and you make a run for it."

Ymir doesn't have much time to think of a plan as you begin distracting everyone. She runs down the ramp of the ship and runs out of the docks.

X