You/Mikasa Ackerman/Sasha Blouse - Malfunction

"Mikasa, you've been looking over my gear for hours

"Mikasa, you've been looking over my gear for hours. It's fine. We're both hungry. If you don't step away in the next five seconds, we're leaving without you."

Mikasa sighs and steps away from your gear before you start to count. She just wanted to make sure that your gear was in perfect condition for the mission.

"I'm sorry. I just had to make sure that everything is okay. Marco....nevermind. We should go."

She gives the two of you a small smile and takes both of your hands to lead you to the mess hall.

X

You had just taken down another titan and were ready to jump to the next one when your wires stopped shooting out in the middle of the air. You tried to quickly fix it before you hit the ground hard but it only took a couple of seconds for you to fall. Landing from such a high altitude managed to knock out the wind from your lungs and you were sure that you might've broken something in your fall. You couldn't feel pain at the moment from the adrenaline cursing through your veins as you tried to figure out a way to save yourself from the titan that was quickly approaching you.

After catching your breath, you pushed yourself to stand up and run to the nearest house for cover.

"I need help!"

X

Both Sasha and Mikasa stopped advancing when they heard your voice calling for help.

"All of you continue on your path. Sasha and I will go check it out."

The rest of the squad nods and continues on their way as Sasha and Mikasa make a detour to save you. They pushed their gear to go as quickly as possible, managing to make it in time to kill the titan that was just about to grab you.

Seeing your girlfriends, you let out a sigh of relief, finally feeling safe. The adrenaline was now gone and you could finally feel the pain that you had sustained from the fall.

"(y/n)!"

They both call for you as they see you fall.

"Fuck! That hurts!"

You scream when they attempt to move you.

"Shit, Mikasa. What are we going to do? The medics are too far away to help us."

"I'll carry her to one of the houses and keep her safe while you go get help."

"No. I'm not going to leave the two of you alone."

"Sasha, please. I'll keep her safe. She's hurt and she needs medical attention. Go!"

Sasha looks at you with worry as she sees you struggling to stay up. She wanted to stay here and take care of you but your injuries were far too serious for her to help. Mikasa was right, you needed medical attention.

"Alright. Just please be careful. I'll hurry."

Sasha gives the two of you a kiss and then heads out for help.

X

"T...the wires weren't working."

You mumbled as you answered Mikasa's question. To keep you up, she kept asking you about what had happened to make you fall. Had you been more aware and not in pain, you would've kept quiet about the fact that your gear had malfunctioned. It was after all Mikasa the one who had checked your gear to make sure that it was in perfect condition. You weren't going to blame her for faulty equipment but you knew her and you knew she was going to blame herself.

"But I checked it over. Again and again. I don't...I don't under how I missed something."

Neither of you have a chance to discuss it any further as Sasha arrived with help. Sasha could tell that something was wrong with Mikasa from the momen she arrived but figuring out what was wrong would have to wait until you all got back safely.

X

You've been in the hospital for a total of a week without waking up and neither of your girlfriends had left your side. Mikasa kept quiet, choosing to let Sasha do all the talking.

"You're not blaming yourself, are you?"

"I'm not. I'm just thinking."

"Mikasa, please don't lie to me. You've been quieter than usual since the expedition."

"It's just....her equipment failed. I was the one who checked it. I was the one who was responsible for making sure that it was in perfect condition."

"and you did. You also checked it before we crossed the wall and it was also in perfect condition. Our gear can sometimes malfunction for no reason."

"It doesn't matter. I should've seen that something was wrong."

They continue arguing about it until they hear you groan loudly. Their both quick to stop you from sitting up to avoid hurting yourself. Mikasa soon called for the doctor and the three of you all quietly waited for the doctor to arrive.

"Sasha is right, Mikasa. This wasn't your fault."

"But..."

"I don't want to hear it, Mikasa. I know you made sure that my gear was in perfect condition so you're not the one to blame for this."

"Yes, I am. You're hurt because I didn't make sure that..."

"You couldn't' have possibly known that the triggers would get stuck. So none of this is your fault, alright? Sasha, back me up with this."

"She's right, Mikasa. We would never lie to you."

Mikasa hated when the two of you backed each other up. It made it impossible for her to win with the two you working together.

"Alright. It's not my fault."

"Good. You both better not leave my side because me and hospitals just don't mix."

They hadn't left your side since you were brought in, they weren't planning on leaving until you were leaving with them.