Song Imagine 11: The Only Reason (Michael)

Michael didn't know what your relationship was anymore. You didn't either.

He always tried to think things through whenever you two would argue. But words would be said and things done. You caused each other pain, something he wanted to undo more than anything. But the gap between you two was growing, and the distance was killing him.

When Michael couldn't sleep, he'd find himself falling apart, not being able to breathe.

Michael missed you more than anything. He missed the cuddles and stupid banters. He felt like a part of himself was gray and beaten whenever memories of your fights would surface.

He wanted you to tell him it was still worth it, that you two weren't running around in circles and that you still felt the same way,because he just wasn't sure of himself anymore.

He tried drowning himself in video games and Pizza Hut deliveries but it just made him feel numb.

Michael didn't like the feeling of rejection and false hope, but he couldn't help the fuzz in his heart telling him not to give up just yet.

Sometimes he'd swear that he could still feel your warm touch on his pale skin, and for a split second, see the fire behind your eyes as he remembered the way you'd tell him of your hopes and dreams so vividly.

You became the only reason he's able to get up in the morning and face the world, but now, standing on stage performing in front of thousands of screaming fans who're vying for even just a miniscule of his attention, you were the only thought going through his head.

And in that moment, as he strummed the opening chords on his guitar, he let every emotion he bottled up flood his senses and wished for a miracle to guide you both back together.