Imagine 42: mafia!Calum AU (Knuckles)

"I'm fine, baby, re- fuck," Calum hisses loudly, the alcohol running down the open wounds on his knuckles.

"Mind saying that again?" You ask teasingly, dabbing his bloodied skin with medicine as his eyebrows knitted together.

Calum glared at you with as much malice as he could muster, before giving up and rolling his eyes and leaning back, trying to keep the stinging pain at bay.

You'd think he'd be used to this by now, all the obscure meetings gone sideways, the drug deals that'd leave him needing to get his hands dirty.

"Why didn't you use the brass knuckles?" You ask after a while, taking the clean bandages from the worn wooden table, wrapping them around his wounds carefully.

Calum pulled a face. "Couldn't find it; probably with Ash."

Two men in grungy jackets stood guard in front of the doorway, shotguns slung against their chests, fingers resting a bit too comfortably on the trigger.

You stuck a pin on the bandages, holding them together.

"Is this okay?"

A soft, gentle smile made its way to Calum's lips, one of the few you've seen on his features today.

"Perfect, princess. Thank you."

And with that, he stands on his feet again, a cold, calculating expression replacing the sweet smile on his face as he pushes past the two men, arguments and sound of breaking filling the hallways once more.