Song Imagine 02: Amnesia (Luke)

Luke didn't know what to feel anymore. He's been facing wave after wave of numbness ever since the realization of the two of you being officially over dawned on him.

He thought you were kidding, even though a part of him knew you weren't.

He remembered the day you told him you were leaving. Your make-up had been ruined, running down your face in a stream of tears.

You had decided it was high time that you left Luke. You had caught him with a bunch of groupies multiple times and he always promised that it would be the last time.

You both knew they were all lies.

Luke was dreading the end of their tour. He would have to come back to an empty home, without the guarantee that you'd be there waiting for him.

He wasn't sure if he could call it a 'home' in the first place when the one person who occupied his every being wasn't there.

Luke didn't even know why he was always with groupies. When he was left alone with his own thoughts, he almost always blamed it on being a hormonal teenager, or the fact that he was going insane without you.

But in the end, he only had himself to blame.

Calum, Ashton, and Michael were worried about him. He was becoming a shell of the person he was. Is.

Even they themselves, who knew Luke and loved him like a brother, didn't know what was happening. All they knew that it was a messy breakup between the two of you.

They each tried to bring you back, but you stood firm by your decision. Luke had crushed your heart more than he could've. You met someone. He helped you move on. He made you happy.

Your friends knew better, though.

Your smile wouldn't be as wide and your laugh wasn't as electric as it was when you were with Luke.

But they understood.

Luke would catch himself scrolling through the pictures the two of you took using his phone at times. When they were in the tour bus, or when he couldn't sleep.

He wanted to see you again. He'd talk to your friends and ask how you are sometimes, and when he heard you were in a relationship, he felt as if his entire being was being run over by a truck.

If Luke could take back anything and everything he's done to make this happen, he'd sell his soul just to make it happen.

He wanted this all to be a dream; a dreadful fantasy. He wanted to wake up and feel you tucked in his arms sleeping soundly.

But this was reality, and so he wished and hoped to wake up with amnesia.