Song Imagine 10: Everything I Didn't Say (Ashton Fletcher Irwin)

Drumming was Ashton's world, everyone knew that. It was the thing that got him into the band, and eventually out of Australia.

Drumming brought out another side of Ashton, a passionate and egotistic side that led you to fall in love with him.

Ashton didn't like it though.

Although drumming was everything to him, it seemed like an instinct to put it above everything and everyone else, including you. And because of it, he was never able to show you how much you meant to him.

The ghost of your embrace haunted him during the cold nights he had to spend in hotels without you.

Ashton missed the way you'd hold him, keeping both him and his heart warm, and the guilt of him not giving you enough attention always stabbed him at the gut.

He would've admitted he was wrong that night you left, but he was left numb from your kiss while you slipped through his fingertips like feathers.

Whenever Ashton thought of what he could've done better, he always found himself with loud sighs and a heavy heart.

He tried writing you letters or sending you messages, but he just couldn't do it. His fingers would freeze and his mind wiped clean, whatever words he thought of sending you completely gone.

And so he decided to write a song about it with Calum.

He wished he could've tried harder to make you stay, and he knew he was the only one to blame, but he couldn't call it quits without one more shot.

So when they performed it that one night, Ashton let every single angsty emotion out of his system as he drummed the night away, the sweat on his chest shining, his biceps bulging, the crowd cheering.

This was everything he didn't say.