Song Imagine 07: Beside You (Luke)

It had been a total of sixteen weeks that Luke's been away. And with every second that passed, his longing for you grew unbearable.

Luke remembered every single detail of what happened the few mere hours he had left with you before he had to leave and board his plane.

Within a few minutes, he was all packed up to go. It was a sad afternoon for the both of you. He had his ticket to a whole other world he had no clue about.

It was supposed to be exciting and adrenaline-pumping. He was finally going to be living his dream with his three best brothers in the world.

But he didn't want to go.

Every time he looked at you that day, he wanted to rip his ticket into pieces and stay with you. Or pack you up in a suitcase with him. It was almost as if he could see your thoughts.

You plastered a fake smile on your face the whole day. You didn't want Luke to know that you were already feeling miserable at the thought of him being gone for more than half a year.

Yes, of course you were proud, but you just weren't ready to let Luke go just yet.

You weren't sure you would ever be ready.

It seemed like a clingy thought, but you couldn't help it. Puberty had done Luke a big hand and there were thousands if not millions of screaming girls who would be all over him.

It made your stomach twist.

Right now, Luke was lying on his bunk unmoving. His mind moved to the fact that you were back home, sleeping alone. It made him feel guilty. He wanted this to be over and done with already.

But the possibility of you lying awake like he was crept into his thoughts and a heavy feeling settled in his chest.

Whenever you two would Skype (which was rarely), he would always try to make you feel better. Luke could see that you were kind of lonely. It saddened him but he always pushed his feeling aside and prioritized yours.

Luke turned on his tour bus bunk, settling on lying on his side. He took his huge penguin plushie and hugged it, trying to pretend it was you.

He'd remembered his promise of coming home soon. He remembered the way your head lifted up to look at him, before giving him a sarcastic remark and hugging him tight.

But the tour seemed longer than ever. He loved seeing the fans, the support and love that they gave them made him so grateful for what he had right here, right now.

But his heart wanted to go home. He wanted to be beside you.