Imagine 14: Calum Thomas Hood (Stress)

For some reason, the name 'Steve' always made you laugh. You didn't know why, it just did.

Ever since you were in grade school, the word made you laugh. Whether it was the name of that guy from Blues Clues, or a really strict teacher, you'd laugh.

Calum knew, and considered it your weakness.

He loved that little quirk about you, and loved your laugh even more.

Your laugh held character. It was easy for him to differentiate a fake laugh and a real laugh, as long as it came from you.

Calum noticed that you were starting to get really stressed the past few days, your sleep sometimes going interrupted by you suddenly waking up in the wee little hours of the day just to study or prepare something.

It made him feel bad, since your health was deteriorating because of the lack of sleep.

He would find you dozing off on the couch, or notice your eyes drooping during meals. He noticed that you had serious mood swings, which ended up with you storming out of the house, only to come back because you didn't want to waste time the day gave.

Calum knew you don't mean what you say when you're in a fit, but he was concerned. You were slowly becoming a tantrum-throwing little girl that was getting on everyone's nerves.

So, while you drowned yourself in papers and problems, he went out to get your favorite drink from Starbucks.

He knew about the handful of things that made you feel better, and wanted you to relax, so he got the biggest size they had and rushed back home to you.

When he arrived back, you were still hunched against the desk, blinking hard.

Calum walked towards you, pushing some papers away to the side, immediately catching your attention. You glared at him hard, before he took both your hands and put the drink in your hands.

Your look softened, and Calum saw you smile genuinely for the first time in a while. You took a sip of the drink and exhaled a long sigh.

"Thank you." You said softly, looking up at your boyfriend.

"You're welcome, /Steve/." He grinned, pointing out the name scribbled on the Starbucks cup and laughing.