Imagine 16: Ashton Fletcher Irwin (The Pier)

After a few lazy days, you and Ashton decided to get your bums out of the house and get some fresh air.

You both debated as to where to go and when. You didn't want to leave home in the first place since you had a few projects to complete. Ashton, on the other hand, used his adorable dimples and world-stopping giggle and eventually persuaded you into going to the pier with him.

The pier was where you two got over the awkward stage of dating by laughing your hearts out and telling each other stories.

Ashton took every bit of schoolwork in your shared apartment and stuffed it in a cabinet, not wanting you to stress yourself out one more second.

Besides, you were starting to become a grump. And apparently, he's the only grump allowed.

On the way to the pier, Ashton tried everything to get the gloomy and slightly irritated expression off your beautiful face. He just came back from touring the world a few days ago and he absolutely hated the fact that you weren't your usual happy self.

Seeing you without the light in your eyes made him sad.

Once you two got to your destination, Ashton took your hand in his and started walking towards the boardwalk. The salty scent of the ocean filled your lungs and you felt yourself starting to relax, you shoulders not quite as tense as they were the past few weeks.

Ashton sat down on a stone bench and motioned for you to sit down beside him. You did, unable to resist the cute smile on his face that eventually mirrored yours.

Ashton Irwin's smile is contagious. It's common knowledge.

Minutes passed and the laughter and smiles between you two was a constant flow. You had to cover your mouth with your hand because of the face you were making due to Ashton's story about Calum, Michael, and a waitress at Hooter's.

The sun was hitting your skin, the heat contrasting with the cool breeze. The stress was slowly leaving your entire being, your boyfriend's laughter filling your ears and eliciting a wide smile from you.

 It was a wonderful feeling.

It felt like a twist of the past, the events of when you two first started dating creeping into your mind.

Being with Ashton always made you smile in gratitude and left you wondering how in the burning hells had you ended up with the adorkable Ashton Irwin.

At the back of Ashton's mind, he was wondering the same thing.