Imagine 19: Luke Robert Hemmings (The Necklace)

The boys have been so busy these past few months preparing everything and anything for the fam.

They cared so much for the people who supported them and it warmed your heart.

Recently though, the lads had come up with a project where they create their own merch and put it up on the website store for a week each.

The initial plan was for them to put it up indefinitely, but their management wanted to maximize the profit and decided to partner it up with a time limit of seven days.

It saddened the boys since they understood that money is hard to come by for some fans and they really wanted everyone to have what they designed.

It saddened you too, since you had just gotten a new job and the budget wasn't really that loose.

It bothered you that you couldn't get what the boys worked hard for, especially when your boyfriend Luke's design was put up.

It was a beautiful silver necklace with the band name engraved into a small heart.

When you checked the band Facebook page, you almost threw something at the computer screen when you saw Luke's design.

It didn't only sadden you, it angered you.

You weren't able to support any of the boys in their project and now it's to come to an end.

A good girlfriend wouldn't be doing this.

You picked your phone up and with a frown marring your features, called Luke.

After a couple of rings, Luke greeted you with a chirpy, 'hey'.

"I'm sorry I can't get any of your stuff."

Luke knew you couldn't afford anything extra these days because of the job shift, so he decided to surprise you with a little gift.

"It's okay, babe." Luke smiled through the phone. His surprise was supposed to arrive today.

"No, it's not," You tell him grumpily, "I'm a bad girlfriend for not being able to get even one thing the band my boyfriend is in put hard work into."

Luke let out a breathy laugh and rolled his lip ring into his mouth. "It's alright, it's okay. It's not that important anyway." He shrugged.

"Yeah, it is!" You rolled your eyes.

Just when you were going to get all rant mode on Luke, your doorbell rings twice.

"Better get that." Luke smirks.

You put the phone down and opened the door, confused to see a delivery boy standing in front of you with a box of pizza in one hand and a smaller box on top of it.

A shiny strip of metal pinned onto his uniform shines and blinds you a for a moment. You close your eyes before opening it again, only to read the name 'Jep' on his now adjusted name tag.

He has you sign a piece of paper on a clipboard before taking it back and handing both boxes to you with a smile, turning away and leaving on a motorcycle.

You close the door with your foot and, still confused, put both boxes on the kitchen counter and set the pizza aside, taking the smaller box into your hands and opening it.

Your eyes widen when they land on something shiny and you run to get the phone.

"Luke? Oh m-"

"Hello? Do you like it?" He tries to stop himself from grinning as Michael gives him a disgusted, lovey-dovey expression.

Luke had sent you his designed necklace, but instead of the band name being engraved onto the slightly bigger heart, it was your name.

"Duh!" You try to stop your heart from beating too fast.

"I'll pay you back once you get home in three months." You say determinedly, trying to hide your sadness when you mention the number of months that keep you two apart.

"You mean in two weeks?"