Song Imagine 03: Long Way Home (Ashton)

"Ashton, fuck--"

"Don't swear."

You ignored your boyfriend's interruption. "Mom and dad have been calling for over half an hour. I'm so dead." You panicked.

Ashton simply ignored what you said like you did to him and continued to put the fire out with water.

"Relax, (Y/N)." Ashton soothed, his voice sending chills down your spine. "Everything's going to be fine."

"How do you know that? You /know/ how my parents can be." You said in a softer tone, the fear of what your parents would do and how they would react growing.

Earlier today, you had snapped. The pressure of everything and anything, no matter how small or how big, it cracked you.

You were with Ashton at the time and you suddenly burst out crying. He tried to keep you calm, but when all his attempts failed, he brought you to your old school yard and made a fire and everything.

You protested as much as you could, but there was no denying Ashton Irwin of anything. It was pretty much common knowledge.

Ashton spent every single minute with you when you two were there. You kept each other warm from the crisp Autumn chill and for a while, everything seemed okay.

But then reality came knocking and every single worry started occupying your mind.

Ashton was sort of a grumpy fellow at times, and now wasn't an exception. He got grumpy easily, but he always tried not to for you. Especially now.

You were moving a town away, and he hated it. Your parents never did approve of him, and for the life of him, you both didn't know why.

Ashton had decided ever since you two got together that he wouldn't waste his time without you.

You were the one who gave him that tiny ray of hope that cleared his mind when things got rough. You were his wonderwall. You /are/ his wonderwall.

He pushed you toward the car and stuffed you in the passenger seat before walking over to his side of the car, starting it with his key and going on your merry way.

Ashton would try to ease your worry by kissing you every time you guys hit a stop light, or saw a stop sign. He would always fill your ears with sweet words, and made sure there weren't any silences by keeping the car radio on, Green Day being the car ambiance.

He knew he had to treasure the time he had left with you, even though he made it a point to see you every few days. This was the way it was supposed to be. Even you knew that somewhere deep in your heart.

Ashton purposely took the long way home, wanting to get as much time as he could with you and you alone.

Ashton loved you more than you could possibly know, and he just wasn't ready to let you go.