Preference 01: Insecurities (Luke and Michael)

Prompt: He makes you feel insecure

Luke

You and Luke were cuddling at home in silence, your hands entwined. His warmth radiated towards you, fighting off the cold that dared to seep into your body.

He had just come back from touring the world and couldn't wait for you to be in his arms again.

Luke's hands roamed around your body, wanting to familiarize himself with your entire being again.

When he got to your stomach, however, you stiffened.

You were always so conscious about your chub, and tried to subtly suck your stomach in. You didn't want Luke to find out that you'd gained a few pounds.

You always promised yourself that you'd hit the gym while he was on tour to surprise him, but you never got around to getting your bum off the sofa.

Luke didn't notice your suck-in and started digging his fingers into your stomach.

You bit your lip, your insecurity getting the best of you. Removing your hand from Luke's grasp, you gently took his hand off your stomach and put it away. You stopped sucking your stomach in.

Luke noticed, and raised an eyebrow, understanding your actions.

He dipped in close to your face and gave you a kiss, pulling away before you could react.

"You're perfect. You don't have to hide anything from me."

~~

Michael

Michael opened the apartment door and shut it, chuckling over what happened with the boys.

He had just come back from a night out with a couple of his friends, feeling a bit tipsy.

Mikey found you seated on one of the chairs in the kitchen, snacking on some chocolate bars. You heard his footsteps and turned around, giving him a closed mouth smile.

"Hey, you're back."

"Obviously."

You shook your head at your boyfriend and let out a breathy laugh. You stood up and wrapped the chocolate bar you were eating back up and returned it in the fridge.

"You're going to get fat if you keep eating that way." Michael said suddenly, not even thinking before opening his mouth.

You shrugged. You never really did care for your weight. If ever you turned out fat, you knew you had the drive and will to actually get up and work out.

"I might break up with you if you do." He added jokingly, slurring a bit at the end of the sentence.

That one, however, stung like a bee.

You always felt as if you would never be good enough for anyone. It was a weakness of yours that always stuck at the back of your mind.

A heavy feeling made its way into your heart and you forced a nod before pushing past your boyfriend and going upstairs.

Michael didn't know how to react for a few seconds before his words dawned on him. He cursed to himself before rubbing his face and going after you."

When he got upstairs, you were lying in bed, trying to fall asleep. He walked towards you briskly, kneeling down on the floor to look you in the eyes.

"Shit, babe, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean what I said."

You looked at him with teary eyes before turning around. He sighed loudly and ruffled his green hair before climbing into bed and wrapping his arms around you, whispering apologies into your ear.