Soulmates Preference: Luke Robert Hemmings

votes and comments are greatly appreciated ahem

Soulmates Preference: Luke Robert Hemmings

The beautifully written wedding invitation sat atop the wooden coffee table, cans of beer littered around the stationary, Luke sleeping soundly on the worn couch a few meters away.

Jazz opened the door to the apartment space, rolling his eyes at the sight in front of him. He walked over to Luke, taking the snapback off his face and swatting it twice.

Luke jolted at the sudden awakening, legs folding upwards, shoulders jumping back, arms up ready to defend himself.

His vision focused on his friend's face, making him grumble and relax, shifting on the couch to sit up, head down, elbows on his knees, hands fixing his messy blonde hair.

"What the fuck are you doing, Hemmings? You're goin' t'be late for the wedding!" Jazz reminded, annoyed at Luke's ability to lose track of time and at the mess the room was.

"Wedding? What wedding, Hourigan?" Luke said, confused, hands still in his hair.

Jazz rolled his eyes once more, shaking his head. "Y/N's wedding, don't tell me you forgot."

"Fuck, that's today?!" Luke jumps from the couch quickly, speedwalking to the bathroom to change into something more formal, thankful he took a shower before his nap.

"Yeah, it's today. In about three hours. Be fuckin' grateful I came by. Have you been drinking?" Jazz asked, noticing the beer cans littered around.

Luke played with his lip ring. "A little, yeah."

"The fuck am I gonna do with you? You sober enough to drive? Don't want you slurring your lyrics during reception."

Luke nodded, coming out of the bathroom, snapback in his mouth as he made a few more runs through his hair.

"Aight, I'll see you there then." Jazz said looking him up and down in approval before leaving the apartment, closing the door a bit too loudly for Luke's liking.

How could he forget your wedding? You'd been close as ever since second year.

He was such a loser back then, still is. But you made that okay. You taught him that it was perfectly fine for him to be an outcast, gawking at him in awe as he strummed on his guitar and supported him through everything when he first put up his YouTube channel.

When he and Aleisha broke up and the band picked up, you stayed by his side, making sure the fame wouldn't get to his head.

But then touring and writing sessions became more frequent and the band got bigger underneath the spotlight, and soon enough, there was a gaping space between you two.

Luke took the snapback from his mouth and tossed it on the couch, taking his car keys and wedding invitation in his hands, slipping the creased paper in his pocket as he exited the apartment and was soon on his way to venue.

By some miracle, he arrived at the wedding with a forty five minutes to spare for soundcheck, and to see you before the ceremony began.

He knocked on your door twice, you opening at the third wearing your white dress, veil on the dresser.

When his eyes landed on you, hair tied in a small bun, your brown locks down your back, smile wide, he felt as if he was seeing color for the first time. A peculiar feeling settling in his chest and rising to his throat.

Luke was almost stuttering the whole five minutes he spent with you before you shooed him off to wait for the event to begin.

The wedding was beautiful. Luke watched the whole thing from backstage. When you walked down the aisle, dress trailing behind you, he felt as if he couldn't breathe. Everything about you in the moment screamed perfection, and he felt as though he was seeing you in a new light.

And when the pastor asked for those who wished to object the marriage or forever hold your peace, every fiber in his being wanted to stand and hold you in his arms.

He felt like he was going out of his mind. This was your wedding day.

But a small, nagging feeling was practically yelling at him to stop the whole ceremony, pick you up, and run away.

Luke blamed it on the drinks he took before leaving the apartment.

Once it was reception and everyone was ushered into another room, Luke took his guitar and pick, holding the mic in his free hand, saying a few words before starting his performance.

Throughout every song he sang, he couldn't help but keep his eyes on you and your newlywed, jealousy stirring in his stomach.

Every time you were with him, he felt as though something had been sparked in him, as if he was invincible and could do anything he wanted to.

And the entire night, he felt like he had committed the biggest mistake in the world by not speaking up during the wedding.

But just as the pastor said, he had to hold his peace, whatever the fuck that meant.