Imagine 29: Luke Robert Hemmings and Ashton Fletcher Irwin (I'm Sorry)

"I'm sorry, man."

With those three words, an uneasy feeling settled at the pit of Luke's stomach. It travelled up up up, and made his heart feel everything and nothing all at once.

Luke didn't want to accept that you were gone and out of his arms, but he had to.

He had to, because instead of running into his embrace, you were running to Ashton's.

Luke had sensed it somewhere at the back of his mind, but he refused to acknowledge it. He practically burned the thought to a crisp whenever it popped up.

But when you started looking at Ashton at more than just a friendly way, he tried so desperately to keep you two at a distance and you to himself.

Luke loved you with his entire being and he was terrified of losing you.

So when Ashton approached him that evening and whispered those three words over the loud pumping music, he could feel his heart cracking, blocking out anything else Ashton may have told him.

It had been two months but it felt like an eternity, watching you throw yourself at his best friend over and over.

Ashton respected and cared for Luke, so he stopped himself from doing anything to you that wasn't friendly. It killed him to see the girl Luke loved give him her time.

Calum and Michael didn't really say anything about it, not being sure if there was something to say in the first place.

They hated seeing conflict between the band, and even though they didn't want to, they blamed you.