Imagine 44: Michael Gordon Clifford (Cartoons)

He held your hand loosely, fingers intertwined as your body leaned on his, his eyes trained on the TV screen.

Michael was so focused on the cartoons moving animatedly on screen that he didn't realize you weren't watching the show, but him.

He didn't realize that seeing his face light up, a laugh escaping his lips was way better than the show itself.

Michael didn't see how beautiful it was to see a smile form on his face compared to watching a cat character slip on ice and skid into a seemingly empty dog house, the sound effects adding more background and humor to the scene.

You looked down to your hands, your fingers twiddling and playing with his in your lap.

The show ended, and credits rolled by quickly before transitioning to the seemingly endless commercials before the next program.

Michael suddenly pulls on his arm, gasping, making you look at him curiously.

"Babe, holy shit, we have to watch that." He exhales quickly, an excited expression on his face as he watches the new commercial.

You let out a breathy laugh, looking from the TV and him. "You should record it."

Michael looks down from the screen and smiles at you, kissing the side of your head before pulling you closer, your body curling further into his warm chest, the next program's entrance song starting the first notes.