Song Imagine 01: Heartbreak Girl (Luke)

Written in third person

“Why don’t you come along for one of my performances tonight? Maybe that’ll get your mind off things.” Luke told (Y/N), trying to keep his frustration out of his voice.

(Y/N) and Luke have been friends since freshman year, and Luke’s been harbouring a crush on her ever since. It hurt him to the core when he found out that she was official with her neighbour, Alex. But he only had himself to blame, seeing as though he was too much of a wimp to make a move.

(Y/N) wiped the tears from her cheeks. “Y-Yeah, that sounds good. A great plan.” She sniffed. (Y/N) couldn’t believe that her ex had gotten over their relationship so fast. It made her want to curl up into a ball and cry, even though she already was.

She was glad that Luke had stuck by her and everything in between. He was the best friend only a few people were lucky enough to have.

“When does it start?” (Y/N) mumbled, clearing her throat and repeating her question when Luke asked her pardon.

“Seven.” Luke smiled forcibly to try to make his voice chirpy. Like Ashton’s.

Sometimes he was almost on the verge of giving up on her. He’d been* pining for her for as long as he could remember, but as always, he only had himself to blame. He didn’t have the guts to ask (Y/N) out.

“I have a few hours to get ready. Alright. I’ll call you again later.” She said, trying to get herself back up on her feet. Luke was sweet. He always put her first and above anything and everything else.

“I’ll pick you up fifteen minutes before.”

“Okay. Bye. Call you later.”

Luke bit back a ‘love you’ and ended the call with a tap and fell backwards onto his bed. He wanted to, but he couldn't.

Hours passed and Luke had picked (Y/N) up and drove them both to the venue. He was hoping to finally confess his feelings to (Y/N) after his performance. Luke was gathering his confidence; he wanted this.

Right before he got on stage, (Y/N) took hold of his arm.

Luke could see something was about to happen. He could see it in her eyes. He clung onto the hope that maybe she reciprocated his feelings for her.

(Y/N) loosened her grip on Luke's arm and gave him a weak smile. "Thank you." She put her arm down. "Now get out there and wow them shitless."

Luke sighed, before forcing a smile at her and getting on stage, accoustic guitar in hand.

He was still going through with his plans for after the show. He knew he couldn't back down now.

About halfway through the performance, an idea popped into Luke's head. Maybe he didn't have to wait until the after-show. He knew there was a romantic song in his set, and maybe he could hint at (Y/N).

He knew that she was more than capable of reading his messages, seeing as though they've been friends for more than five years.

He cleared his throat and sang the song, smoothly turning his head to look at (Y/N), only to see her with Alex.

Luke felt his chest tighten.

He couldn't look any longer, and averted his gaze to the crowd, opting to continue singing the remaining songs in his set with a heavy heart.

The 5SOS Imagine CompilationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara