Imagine 48: Michael Gordon Clifford (Conscious)

His fingers played at his guitar strings, Michael mindlessly strumming a familiar chorus, a far away expression on his features.

"Hey, that's going to be on the album right?" You ask, looking at him, smiling.

"Yeah, it is," He smiles back, continuing to strum the chords. "I kinda wrote it for a special someone." He says quietly, his eyes darting to look at you before looking down, a tint of pink on his cheeks.

You shake your head, trying to keep a flattered look off your face as you inch closer.

"Really? Who?" You ask, propping your elbows on your knees, your chin resting on your palm.

Michael shrugs, a hint of a smirk on his lips as he strums to the second verse.A wide smile lights up on your face as you extend an arm and pinch Michael's side, taking him by surprise and making him flinch away from you.

"Hey!" He scoffs in disbelief, reaching out to retaliate as you move to poke his stomach, only to have your wrist held centimeters away from Michael's soft skin, hesitance flashing in his eyes.He lets go quickly, looking down for a moment before looking up at you again.

"What's wrong?"

"I-It's nothing, it's stupid." He laughs weakly, poking your side in an attempt to get back into the mood.

"Okay, it's definitely not nothing if it's bothering you." You frown, putting your arm around him lightly, tapping his shoulder gently.

He stays quiet for a few seconds before sighing and leaning on your shoulder, letting a bit of his weight rest on you.

"I dunno, it's just, I'm not as fit as the others y'know? Like," he sighs again, "I don't work out as much as Ashton and Calum and..." he trails off, closing his eyes as you play with the hair at the nape of his neck."I don't have defined abs like them, babe, and I dunno.."

This time it was your turn to sigh as your free hand took and held Michael's.

"Do you think it matters, though?" You ask softly.

"Well yeah, I mean girls like that shit." He laughs lamely, making you roll your eyes.

"You don't have to be conscious, you're amazing the way you are, alright?"

You say sincerely, slowly feeling Michael's lips form into a small smile.

"I love you!" You tell him excitedly. "And you're it for me."

Michael smiles wide, a cute, bashful expression on his face as he looks up at you, his head still resting on your shoulder.

You look down at him, almost mirroring his smile, before looking at his now abandoned guitar.

"So, you gonna continue strumming that song or what?"