Imagine 20: Ashton Fletcher Irwin (Welcome Home)

"Y/N, get out of there! Ashton's going to see you!" Harry whisper-shouts, urging you to stay where he is.

You flashed him a grin and nodded, hurrying to his side and crouching down.

Today was the day the boys were finally coming home and you couldn't help but let your mind go anywhere and everywhere.

Anne-Marie was at the airport waiting for the plane to land, leaving you, Lauren, and Harry at home to prepare the room for his arrival.

Your heart pounded in your chest as you got a text from Anne saying that they were on the way home.

You closed your eyes for a few moments, your stomach churning. The excitement was affecting you way too much, but you couldn't help it.

"Need a hand here," Lauren said, looking at you and Harry. "Where do I hide?"

You and Harry surveyed the room before you stood up from your hiding spot. "You can take mine, I'll find another place for myself."

Lauren gave you a smile and walked over to her brother, crouching down.

You walked over to the Irwin kitchen and helped yourself to a glass of water, silently hoping it'd help the butterflies in your stomach.

As you set the empty glass on the kitchen counters, you heard faint steps outside the house door and for a minute, you felt your heart stop.

He was just outside, a mere piece of wood away.

This was just too much to handle right now.

The doorknob clicked and you heard the door swing open, followed by a sound of something hitting the floor and excited murmuring.

"You're home!"

Shit.

How were you going to sneak up on him now?

You pressed yourself against the walls and exited the kitchen, sticking your head out to see the beautiful, curly haired boy you fell in love with.

The pictures you saw online didn't do him justice at all.

Ashton looked around the room, a happy gleam in his eyes. "What is this?"

And right then, you ran out of whatever lame hiding spot you were in and ran, letting out a dumb battle roar and jumping towards Ashton in the biggest hug you could give as you wrapped your legs around him.

It took him a few minutes to register what the hell was going on, but something in his head clicked and he hugged you back almost instantly.

His muscular arms wrapped around you and he bent down to kiss your forehead, letting out a breathy laugh at you.

"I'm home."

"You guys are gross, ew." Harry said in a disgusted voice, shaking his head and walking off.

"Shut up, Harry."