punk!Michael Series: Coffee Shop Soundtrack

punk!Michael series: Coffee Shop Soundtrack (Part One)

You weren't entirely sure as to why he came in here, or where he'd been before entering the shop.

The first few times he came in, he'd grab a coffee, black like his hair, sit by the couches for a while, then leave.

But recently, he would stay longer than your shift. He'd come in a few hours after you did, and you'll find him in the same spot he'd always be sat in until you left to go home.

His name is Michael. You'd always take his usual whenever he stopped by and spent his day in the shop.

You had been working here for close to a year. A few months after you started college, you knew you couldn't depend on your monthly allowance all your life. So you applied for a job at the Starbucks a few blocks away from your school. You knew all the regulars and what they'd order by heart. And sometimes, you'd see some people you saw around campus walk in.

You observed Michael during the little breaks of free time you had. Tattoo sleeves went up the length of his arms, and when he wore muscles tees, you could see hints of more tattoos.

Your eyes scanned the mostly empty shop, the delicious coffee aroma filling your lungs. It was a surprisingly slow day, so without much of a second thought, you took a coffee sleeve from the leaning stack and, taking the Hello Kitty pen a customer left, doodled on the sleeve.

When Michael seemed frustrated, he ran his fingers through his jet black hair, tugging at it before closing his eyes briefly.

Now that you thought about it, you haven't seen a smile on Michael's face ever.

It was either a his lips pressed together in a thin line, brows furrowed, or a blank expression you saw on his face.

A throat clearing broke your thoughts.

The sound made your hand jerk in surprise, making a messy and unecessary line draw on your otherwise pretty good doodle.

The pen slipped from your grasp and fell to the floor as you straightened yourself immediately and looked up at the customer.

Michael.

He towered over you, his nose piercing catching light as he crinkled his nose.

As he was about to speak, you beat him to it.

"I got it, g-grande black coffee for Michael," you said quickly, punching the order in and telling him how much he owed.

he slid the exact amount over to you, to which you took in your hands and dropped in the register.

You passed him his reciept and went to work on his order, handing it to him in no time.

He nodded his head, taking his order before silently walking towards his usual spot.

You sucked in a few breaths, calming yourself before scolding yourself inwardly for not paying more attention.

Sighing, you shook your head at yourself before looking at where your doodle was.

You raised a brow when you noticed the doodle gone, the Hello Kitty pen on the counter where your work once was.

Curious.

yay or nay with this? lol tell me down in the comments pls hope this doesn't flop