Imagine 46: Luke Robert Hemmings (Bus Stop)

The slight drizzle of rain patted against your skin, your hair feeling clumped up as you quickly boarded the bus.

You shook your head, whipping your hair out of your face, making your way towards your usual aisle, fishing cash out of your pocket to pay for the ride.

A familiar figure seated at the back part of the bus looked at you, making you move a bit faster as you made eye contact, exchanging polite smiles before you sat down in your seat.

You'd ridden the bus home every day for three years without fail, and in those three years, you'd noticed that one of the stray passengers would be a tall, blonde boy who'd sit a few rows behind you, his legs looking like they're too long to fit in the small space in between seats.

He'd already be in the bus by the time it'd arrive, and get off at a stop a few blocks before yours.

Neither of you knew each other as anything but 'that person that rides the same bus as me', and the only words you'd heard one another say was an apology for accidentally bumping into someone.

It was a bit creepy, but you remembered his routine before he'd get off.

When the bus would be near his stop, you'd hear the rustle of his things jump in his bag as he's sling it on his shoulder, playing with his phone and putting an earphone in one ear.

He'd stand up and wait for the bus to slow down and drive over a hump before starting to walk down the aisle to the small double doors.

You turned your head to the window, watching the trees pass by, your own bag on the empty seat next to you.

Time flew by quickly, and you'd noticed that the blonde boy's stop was coming up next. You inched towards the aisle, trying to discreetly look back at him in his seat.

His body was turned, arms folded against his chest as his left earphone dangled from the white wire, head leaning against the window, eyes closed.

He was asleep.

You sat in your seat nervously, waiting a few moments before deciding to wake him up.

Hopefully, he wouldn't get creeped out by a total stranger hovering above him when he wakes up.

You switched places with your bag, standing up and walking towards his row briskly, slowing down until you were right beside him.

He looked really cute in his sleep, you had to admit.

You shook his shoulder gently, trying to keep your nerves in check as his head straightened, his eyes opening and blinking rapidly.

A dazed expression formed on his face, slight confusion in his blue eyes as he looked at you, trying to stretch in his seat.

"I'm really sorry for w-waking you up," you mentally kick yourself for the stutter, "but it's your stop next."

You give him a close lipped smile, picking his stuff up from the floor and handing it to him.

His eyes widen in surprise, looking out the window hastily before reaching out and taking his bag from you.

"Thanks." He smiles gratefully, standing up shakily as the bus drives over the hump.

He stands and slings his bag behind him quickly, almost hitting you in the face, making him apologize almost immediately as you tell him it's okay, giving him another smile.

You move a few steps away to give him space, and he walks towards the aisle briskly before stopping mid-way, almost tripping over his feet.

"I'm Luke, by the way." He says, looking at you before turning and getting off, waving at you from outside as the bus drives forward.