T H I R T Y

Talyeh Galvez

Talyeh Galvez

Period 1- Chemistry

"Okay class so today we are going to be assigned lab partners, when I call your name you will go to your assigned partner and begin you assignment for today," Mrs. Beck explained.

"Alan and Candra. Megan L. And Louis. Page and Megan H. Heather and Peter. Annie and Christian. Talyeh and Jahseh. Alissa and Stokeley. Hannah and Marcus..."

I rolled my eyes and got up, going to sit with Jahseh. It's not that I don't like him or anything but he just doesn't understand that I just want to be friends.

I'm not ready for a relationship right now and especially not with him. I just got out of a toxic relationship why would I go and jump into another?

"Hey cutie," he smiled at me.

"Hey," I sat down and dropped my backpack on the floor. I was late so I didn't have time to stop at my locker.

"Hi," I sighed and rand my hand through my hair, moving it out of my face.

"Take out your book and open to page 47," Mrs. Beck instructed.

"You haven't returned any of my texts," Jahseh said to me as I reach to grab my backpack.

"I've been busy," I shrugged.

"Too busy to send a quick text message?"

"Yes, now leave me alone about it, okay?" I snapped causing a few people to turn and look at us.

"Okay, sorry. Damn," he sighed as sat his book on the desk.

"We will be popcorn reading today about the penis," Mrs. Beck announced.

"What did she say?" Stokeley laughed causing the classroom to erupt with laughter. I shook my head, laughing at his stupid ass.

"Please try and be mature, you're in the eleventh grade." Mrs. Beck smacked her lips. "Jahseh go ahead and get us started."

"In uncircumcised men, the glans is covered with pink, moist tissue called mucosa."

"Hey, Peter's uncircumcised," Hannah yelled.

"How would you know lil baby?" Peter asked Hannah.

Her face turned red and she looked away.

"Wait how does she know?" Annie asked.

"We be having phone sex," Peter announced.

"Wait a damn minute," I gasped.

"When did this become a whore house?" Stokeley joked.

"DETENTION! ALL OF YOU!" Mrs. Beck yelled.

Shit.