S I X T Y O N E

pov- talyeh

pov- talyeh

I walked outside and rolled my eyes when I noticed that Jahseh wasn't here yet to pick me up like he said he would.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number. It went straight to voicemail and I rolled my eyes.

I dialed him one more time and it immediately went straight to voicemail.

Seconds later his mom was ringing me so I answered the call, "hey have you heard from Jah? He was supposed to pick me up from work."

"He got arrested and I only have half the money for his bail, I'm trying to get the rest and I don't think I'll be able to."

"Oh my dog. What did he do?" I asked.

"He got pulled over for speeding and he had weed on him so they arrested him," she explained.

"Uhm I can put in the other half how much is it?"

"$200," she sighed.

"Okay, can you pick me up?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll be on my way," she hung up after we said our goodbyes.

I took a seat on the curb and let out a breath. If it's not one thing it's another.

I decided to take my phone out and let my mom know what my plans were so she would know where I'm at.

To mom: hey I'll be home late, Gotta run an errand.

     From mom; what errand?

To mom: Jah got arrested I'm going with his mom to bail him out.

     From mom: I keep telling you that boy is no good for you he's just bout to take everything and leave you.

To mom: I understand how you feel abt him but Can you please keep it to yourself?

          From mom: are you putting in money for his bail?

To mom: Yes I am.

       From mom: No. Do not do that.

To mom: I can't just let Him sit in jail.

     From mom: if you pay for that man's bail, do not bother coming back home. You're done.

To mom: are you serious mom?

        From mom: as a heart attack.

To mom: OK.

I can't believe her right now. The nerve of her to basically make me choose between my baby daddy and my mother is ridiculous.

From mom: it looks to me like you're not going to listen so I'll have your shit packed up for you. Come pick it up.

I didn't even reply to her message.

How did she know I was going to do it anyways? She didn't. I was going to come home. But now... fuck it.

To mom: Alr I'll pick it up.

From mom: Really? That's how it is?

To mom: Mom what other choice did you give me? You said what you said.

From mom: So both of my kids just want to leave me now?

To mom: don't start with that. Look at how you're acting.

I looked up when I heard honking. I found Cleo inside of her car waiting for me.

I collected my purse and stood up, walking to the car.

"What's wrong?" She asked me.

"My mom basically just like Kicked me out," I explained.

"What why ?" She smacked her lips.

"Well after Jahseh broke up with me after we found out I was pregnant she didn't really like him anymore but honestly it's none of her business. So right now she got mad cause I was gonna help bail him out so she kicked me out."

"Girl bye, you can live with me. You're having my grandchild I'm not about to have you on the street," she smacked her lips. "You're mom needs therapy."

"For real," I mumbled and looked out the window.

"Did she say when you can come get your things?" She asked.

"She said to come pick it but but she didn't say when," I explained.

"Okay well tomorrow we will move your stuff into my master guest room and set it up for you and the baby," she explained.

"Okay," I agreed.