S I X T Y F O U R

POV: Talyeh

POV: Talyeh

After the events of early this morning, I was left feeling angry. How could Jahseh be mad at me for something he did? How could my mother be so selfish?

I was angry with the both of them, I was glad they weren't speaking to me. At least I'd have the alone time to process what's been going on with me.

I have a small baby bump forming and that's what I'm choosing to focus on. The baby.

I heard a few knocks at my door and this time I decided not to answer the door. I couldn't take another blowout this morning.

Seconds later my door swung open and my little brother ran inside, jumping onto my bed. "TeeTee I missed you!"

I saw my dad walk in behind him and I felt my soul leave my body. I knew he was probably upset with me too. I hadn't even told him I was pregnant.

"Your mom called. Said you were up to no good," he told me.

"So she can call you to talk shit about me but she can't call you to coparent my brother?" I asked sarcastically.

"I hear that you're pregnant," he stated. "I heard from someone else."

"Sorry," I frowned. "I was going to tell you."

"When?"

"When I started showing," I shrugged.

"So what happened?" He asked.

I explained to him my situation and he couldn't do anything but shake his head.

"This is exactly why I left your mother," he told me. "Her temper and her mouth is just-"

"Out of pocket and uncalled for," I stated.

"Yes, that's true."

My brother made his way into my bathroom, looking around curiously.

"How's he doing?" I asked.

"He's okay, him and your sisters are bonding well. You should meet them." He told me.

"Yeah no, that's not gonna happen."

"Why not?" He asked.

"I'm not meeting the reason why you left me," I stated.

"The wha- Talyeh!"

"Did I lie?"

"They aren't the reason why I left you," he stated.

"Then what's the reason, because you took Jayden with you. What about me?" I asked.

"You're mom wouldn't let me have you," he said. "This is the only time she's ever allowed me to see you."

"You act like I don't have my own phone and car you could have put in more effort," I stated.

"That's true but I'm here now and I want you to come live with me," he said.

"No thank you," I laughed.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because of what I just said. Plus they already set me and the baby up here why would I just leave?"

"Because this isn't your family," he stated.

"Yes they are. Now they are. I'm having a baby with him and his mom wants me here so who am I to decline a healthy household to raise my baby in?" I explained.

"How is my household not healthy?" He asked.

"You left me for your wife and new kids and didn't even look back don't sit in my face and tell me you care about me," I yelled.

"Don't talk to me like that, I'm your father," he yelled back.

"That's not saying very much." I shrugged.

"I came here to make sure you were okay? Can you not pick a fight with me right now?" He asked.

"You fucked my mom and decided to have me, can you maybe not abandon me when you find the next best thing?" I asked.

"You know what?" He snapped. "I'm done."

"Okay."

"That's all you're going to say?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, what do you want me to say? You choose which child you wanted. You made an effort to get Jayden, so what about me?" I asked.

"That's not the same thing," he argued.

"I find that hard to believe," I shrugged. "Look I'm not going nowhere with you so if that's why you're here there's the door."

"I'm not. I just want to have you in my life. Okay? Can we just do that?"

I sighed, "yeah we can do that. Next time call before you pop up please."

"Sure thing."