N I N E T Y T W O

🦋T A L Y E H G A L V E Z 🦋

"I want to cook a big dinner tonight," I explained. "Invite over our parents and just enjoy Brianna some more."

"I think that sounds like a stressful but great idea," Jahseh agreed. "Are you sure you can handle all of that?"

"Well you're going to help, you can man the grill," I explained.

He chuckled, "Of course baby. But first I have to meet my mom somewhere really fast."

"For what?" I asked.

"Nothing in particular, just missing her a little bit," he lied straight through his teeth.

"You're such a bad lair," I pointed out.

"I'm not lying, I am meeting my mom," he confessed. That part he wasn't lying about, I could tell.

"Well, can you go to the gr- actually no I'll just order the groceries. I need some money," I explained. "I don't have much on my card I haven't been to work in a while."

"Didn't I tell you I got us?" He asked.

"But-"

"I got us," he spoke over me. "Imma get you a card to our bank account."

"I don't need that, I just need to get some groceries."

"Did I ask?"

I made a face and he laughed. He kissed Brianna's forehead and then my lips.

"I'll be back soon, I love you," He grabbed his wallet and car keys off of the nightstand and kissed me one more time.

He left our bedroom, leaving me alone with Brianna. I haven't been alone with her at all since we brought her home. I wasn't scared or anything, though.

After Caitlin helped me get her to latch last week, things have been a lot better.

Brianna was asleep so I carried her in my arms, and went downstairs to clean up the kitchen.

*****