F O R T Y S E V E N

T A L Y E H G A L V E Z

I decided to come back to school today. I've missed three days and by now Dani is worried about me and I don't want to stress her out so I'll just stick it out.

When I walked into the cafeteria everyone was already at the table eating their breakfast. "Hey girl what's been going on?" Dani asked me as soon as she saw me.

"I told my mom about me," I explained. "I just had some appointments and stuff. And yesterday I was too sick to even get out of bed."

"Damn, how did your mom react?" Marco asked.

"She was like surprised and then shocked and then helped me make appointments and stuff. She wasn't too too mad if you get what I mean, like she was mad but it was like it is what it is," I explained.

"I mean that's good," Dani said. "So you're going to keep the baby?"

"Yes I'm going to keep the baby," I sighed. "I have to go job hunting today after school with my mom."

"She's making you get a job?" Jahseh smacked his lips. "I have a job you don't need a job."

"I do need a job because no ones going to do it for me," I stated. "And no offense but you start acting funny sometimes and I don't need you to get mad at me so my baby goes without."

"No I don't," he rolled his eyes.

"Yes you do," Marco chuckled.

"The point is, I have to get a job now so I won't be struggling when the baby gets here," I explained.

"That's good that you're already getting on it, being responsible," Dani said.

"Yeah," I shrugged.

Jahseh was looking at me with sad eyes. It made my stomach get butterflies whenever he would look at me. But I know he misses me and I know he's hurting.

I miss him. I do. I'm just scared of him hurting me. I'm scared of him walking out on me and the baby. I'm scared for my baby.

I'm scared that I won't be a good mom or he won't be a good dad. I'm scared that something can go wrong.

"What's wrong?" Jahseh asked me, freeing me from my thoughts.

"Nothing," I gave him a small smile and he nodded his head like he didn't believe me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Uhm can you walk me to class?" I asked as I grabbed my phone from the table.

"Yeah," he stood up and we began our walk.

"Talyeh I just want to remind you that I do want to be with you, if you'll have me. But take your time," he told me.  "I just really miss you."

I nodded my head, "I was thinking and maybe we should go on a date or something."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I shrugged. "I want to."

"Okay, I'll pick you up at seven tonight," he told me as we approached my classroom. "Dress warm."

"Okay," I smiled as I watched him bounce with excitement.

"Thank you for giving me another chance," he kissed my cheek and then left from my class room.

I nodded my head and walked into class. I just want to get this day over with so I can be with him tonight.