F I F T Y S E V E N

D A N I E L L E - C O L L I N S

I walked into my bedroom and locked the door, not wanting to talk to my mom anymore. She really wanted me to get an abortion, and I can't do it. I really can't.

I want this baby and I want Marco and I to raise him or her together.

I still haven't told him. It's been a long day and I haven't even been able to talk to him because my moms been in my ear all day.

After we left the clinic my mom made me spend the day with her running errands. She didn't want to leave any time for me to tell Marco.

She knows if I told Marco he and I would decide to keep the baby, and we are.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and FaceTimed Marco. He answered the call right away.

"Why the hell haven't you returned any of my calls or texts?"

"My mom wouldn't let me," I explained. "It's been a long day."

"What happened?"

"Okay well so what happened was me and T went to a free clinic because I was late for my period and they called my mom and she wanted me to get an abortion but I said no because I want the baby but I also said no because I have to talk to you first and see what you want to do," I explained.

"You're pregnant?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's kind of what happens when you don't use protection and have a lot of sex," I joked.

"Damn," he sighed.

"What?"

"Nothing i just wasn't expecting that. But I guess it's okay," he said.

"You guess?"

"Yeah I guess, what's your problem?"

"My problem is we have a big decision to make and all you can is you guess it's okay," I snapped.

"Well what do you want me to say?"

"I don't know but not that," I explained. "Whatever I'll just call you tomorrow I'm going to bed."

"Dani."

"No it's fine we have school tomorrow so I'll see you in the morning," I said and then ended the call. I can't believe him.

He guesses we can keep the baby. He guesses!

That's bullshit.