F O R T Y O N E

T A L Y E H G A L V E Z

When I came down stairs this morning my mom was downstairs preparing breakfast for me. Jahseh slept in my room but he was still asleep.

"Good morning mom," I yawned as I sat at the kitchen island.

"Good morning, you feeling any better?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I don't feel sick or anything so I guess the thing went away," I shrugged.

"Okay, I almost thought I would have to make you a doctors appointment," she told me.

I nodded my head, "do you work today?"

"Unfortunately yes," she sighed. "I'm sorry honey I wish I could spend more time with you but I have to get down to the office. Make sure you get to school on time and I'll see you for dinner," she kissed my forehead after turning off on the stove.

"Okay," I sighed when she left out of the kitchen and I heard the front door open and close. I made Jahseh a plate of food and took it upstairs to my room.

He was barely waking up when I walked back in the room and he smiled when he looked at me, "morning mama."

"Morning, here my mom made breakfast," I handed him the plate.

"Did you eat?" He asked me.

I started to walk to the bathroom, "yes I ate." I lied.

"You're lying mama," he followed behind me.

I grabbed my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth while he watched me. "What?" I asked.

"I know you just sat here and lied to my face," he glared at me.

"Lied about what? I haven't even said anything?" I smacked my lips.

"You didn't eat," he pointed out.

"Don't worry about what I did and didn't do, I'm alive and I'm well," I argued.

"Okay but you're carrying my baby so I think it is my business," he yelled.

"Leave me alone," I smacked my lips and wet my face so I could wash it.

"Are you serious right now?" He asked me.

"As a heart attack," I smiled.

He rolled his eyes and threw the food into the trash can, the next thing I know I heart my bedroom door open and slam shut.

I finished washing my face and got into the shower.

About an hour later I was ready for school. I put on something cute because my boyfriend is mad and I'm going to make him miss me.

I did my makeup and hair cute and then I was on my way.

the fit:

When I got to school I went straight to my locker to talk to Dani

When I got to school I went straight to my locker to talk to Dani. I needed to vent.

"Hey girl what's going on?" Dani asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I was talking to Marco and then here comes jahseh playing snatchies ," she laughed.

"We had a fight this morning," I admitted. "Our first fight."

"Why what happened?" She gasped.

"He got all mad cause I didn't eat as soon as I opened my fucking eyes. Like really it's not that serious and then he's all 'oh I can tell you what to do cause you're having my baby'. Like no who do you think you are?" I ranted.

"He said that?"

"Well not exactly but that's what he implied," I frowned.

"So what are you going to do?" Dani asked.

"Well I look good so maybe he will just come apologize and we can move on," I shrugged.

I looked up and Marco and Jahseh were coming our way. Marco stopped and joined Dani and I, but Jahseh looked right past me and kept walking.

"Ouch," Dani joked.

"What'd he say?" I asked Marco. "I know he told you something."

"He said he's mad because you're not taking him and his baby serious," Marco explained.

"What?" I laughed. "He acts like it's that serious he got mad because I said I ate when I didn't eat. Where the hell did that come from?"

The bell rang and everyone started to scatter to class.

"I don't know but I know he's mad, really mad," Marco said before slowly walking away.

I sighed and crossed my arms. I don't understand.