F I F T Y T W O

T A L Y E H G A L V E Z

I parked my car in front of Wendy's and walked inside, excited for my first day at work.

I went up to the register and waited for someone to help me.

"What can I get started for you?" I read the girls name tag and it said "Hayley."

"Today's my first day, I was told to come to get my shirt and hat from you and then clock in," I explained.

"Oh you're Tammy?" She asked.

"It's Talyeh and yeah that's me," I nodded my head awkwardly cause she knew that wasn't name.

"Okay, here's your shirt and hat, the bathroom is over there and come back when you're done so we can get started," she explained.

I nodded my head and took the items from her. I took them with me to the bathroom and went into a stall.

I made quick work of changing and fixing my uniform how it should be.

When I was done I walked back to the counter and clocked in.

"Is this your first job?" Hayley asked me as we stood at the register.

"Yeah it is," I said.

"Why'd you want to get a job?"

"Cause I'm pregnant," I explained.

"Aren't you like fifteen?" She made a face.

"Yeah I am, problem?" I looked at her.

"No I'm just saying that's a little young to be having sex let alone dating," she shrugged.

"And how old are you?" I asked.

"Seventeen."

"Okay well you're not supposed to be judging me you're supposed to be training me so how about you do you're job so I can do mine?" I rolled my eyes at her and looked away.

She didn't say anything else to me after that, other than helping me take orders when we got customers.

I wouldn't have to be a bitch if people would stay in their lane and mine their business.