F O R T Y E I G H T

T A L Y E H G A L V E Z

"Talyeh, Jahseh just pulled into the driveway. Come down here cause I'm not answering the door," my mom yelled upstairs.

My mom still doesn't trust jahseh. She doesn't really like him and who can blame her. But she's promised to not be rude to him when he's around.

"Here I come," I yelled as I picked up my phone. I checked my outfit once more in the mirror and smiled. I looked good. I feel good.

I also feel hungry so I hope he is planning on feeding me. This new medicine is doing it's job.

I walked down the stairs and made it to the front door right after jahseh knocked on it. "Damn you look beautiful." He licked his lips.

"Thank you, you look good too," I blushed and walked out the door.

"Be back by Eleven," my mom yelled to me.

"Okay," I said and then closed the door.

"You have a curfew now?" Jahseh joked.

"No she only does that when I go out with you," I frowned. "She's still mad at you."

"I can't say I can blame her. I acted out," he frowned.

"It's okay, give her some time. She'll love you," I explained. "She's just mad cause you made me cry."

"I made you cry?" He sounded surprised. He opened the car door for me and I got in.

"Yeah but it's in the past we don't have to talk about it," I shrugged.

He went back around the car and got into the drivers seat. He closed the door and looked at me. "I'm sorry . I'm really sorry, Mama."

The nickname made my heart jump. I love it when he calls me that.

"I know, it's okay," I smiled at him. "I forgive you and I want to make this work with you. For us. For our son."

"It's a boy?" He asked as he jumped up in his seat.

"I don't know yet, but I hope so," I cheesed.

"Nah I want a girl," he said. "Me and my Mamas and my babu girl."

"What if it's twins?" I joked.

"See I don't think I can wrap my head around it," he froze up. "Two babies at seventeen."

"Yeah no I don't think I could do that either," I agreed. "But I guess a girl would be good too."

"A baby girl?" He smiled at me.

"Yeah a baby girl," I smiled.

He smiled back at me before finally, starting the car and pulling out of my driveway.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I leaned into the seat. I was feeling tired. Tired and hungry.

"It's going to be just like a thirty minute drive. You can take a nap I know you're tired mama," he told me as he kept his eyes on the road.

I nodded my head as I drifted off to sleep.

J A H S E H O N F R O Y

I parked the car and looked over at my princess asleep. She was curled into a fetal position on the seat which she reclined all the way back.

I opened my trunk and pulled the blankets out. I made a pile on the floor and laid down some pillows and the food I brought along.

Once I was done setting up I walked back to the car and carried her out. I laid her on the picnic blanket and watched her sleep.

She began to flutter her eyes and stretch out, "mmmm I'm cold." She whined.

"Here mama," I gave her my hoodie and she slowly sat up, putting it on before laying her head on my shoulder.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"This is my spot," I explained. "This is where I come to release my anger and my sadness. This is where I come to feel safe."

"How'd you find it?" She asked.

"One day I got mad and I just started driving and driving and driving and I ended up here. It's secluded away from everything so I can yell and cry as much as I want and no one can hear me. It's my little therapy hill if you will," Iexplained.

"It's nice up here," she smiled as she looked around the hill.

"Mama I have something to tell you," I frowned. I know I have to tell her because I want her to hear it from me.

"What happened?" She looked at me before looking over at the bag of Chick Fil A.

She grabbed the bag and rummaged through it.

"So while we were broken up I- I- slept with someone," I confessed.

"When?" She asked.

"Two days ago," I thought about it before finally giving her my answer.

"Two days ago as in after you asked me to give you a second chance?"

"Yeah," I frowned.

"Who?" She asked.

I looked away not knowing what to say. I know she's going to hate me and I know she's going to be so mad.

"Who Jahseh?" She's asked me again.

"Geneva," I answered.

"Are you serious right now?" She asked me. "Again with this bitch."

"Mama I blocked her I deleted her number. I did everything I can to cut off all ties with her. I don't want her mama I want you. Please forgive me," I begged her.

"That's why you brought me here? To tell me that?" She asked.

"No I wanted to have a date with you but i didn't feel right not telling you," I confessed.

"Well thank you for that." She sighed. "I guess I can't really be mad because like you said we were broken up. But that doesn't make it okay."

"I know," I said.

She nodded her head and laid back on my shoulder. I kissed her hair and held her close, this my baby.