F O R T Y F O U R

😈T A L Y E H G A L V E Z 😈

I waited at the kitchen table for my mom to get home. I brought down all the pregnancy tests from my room to show her in case she asked for proof. She should be getting home any minute.

Hopefully she will be supportive and help me. But what if she's not. What if she kicks me out and I have no place to go.

I heard the front door open and my heartbeat sped up. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

"Hey what are you still doing up?" My mom asked me as she walked into the kitchen.

"I have to talk to you," I said softly.

"What's wrong why are you sitting in the dark?" She flicked on the lights and looked at me. "What's this?" She walked over to the table.

"I'm pregnant," I pointed out.

"What the fuck! You're fifteen Talyeh! Fifteen." She yelled.

"I know I messed up mom. And I've thought about it and I'm going to start looking for a job as soon as possible, I want to keep my baby mom." I explained.

"Are you sure? Like a hundred percent sure? Because this is a lot of responsibility," she told me.

"I'm sure," I told her. "I can do it."

"And what about Jahseh?" She asked me.

"He broke up with me," I shrugged.

"Why?"

"I honestly don't even know, but the he's done so I have to do this myself. With or without him," I explained.

"Okay," she sighed and sat down across from me. "I have to call off work."

"Why?" I asked.

"I need to get you to the doctor and stuff," she told me. "You're going to have to stay home from school tomorrow."

"Okay," I agreed.

"I feel like I'm in shock right now," she told me. "Let me have your phone."

I gave her my phone out of my pocket and frowned.

"I'll give it back but until we see a doctor I just think it's best we both stay off our phones," she told me as she put my phone into her purse.

"Okay," I nodded my head.

"Have you eaten?" She asked me.

"Yeah I had a grilled cheese and Strawberries," I said.

"Okay, that's good," she sighed. "Just go to bed and we'll talk about it in the morning."

I stood from the table and walked upstairs to my bedroom. That went better then I thought it would.