Chapter Ten

"I'm ok, keep going" he says. She starts to drink from him again, it tastes amazing she'd forgotten how much better fresh human blood tasted, and she could feel herself growing stronger already. She begins to lose herself in the taste and grips his arm tighter as she gulps down as much blood as she can as if her life depends on it. Damon was right, animal blood is no comparison to the real thing, she was a fool for allowing Stefan to change her natural diet.

"uhh Red" Kai says, trying to get the girl's attention, she ignores him as she is too focused on the addicting taste of blood.

"Maddie!" he yells, this causes her to snap back to reality and lets go of him, she takes in his face and it had grown pretty pale, she shakes her head feeling the guilt weigh in on her, and quickly bite into her wrist shoving it towards his face.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry! here drink this it will heal you" she says, without another word he drinks from the girl's wrist and she watches as he seems to enjoy it, she can't help but notice how hot he is, to a vampire drinking someone's blood, or letting them drink their blood is a very personal and it brings them closer together. Blood sharing is sacred, and she had just done it for the first time with Kai Parker. He lets go and wipes the blood off of his mouth and then smiles.

"I'm so sorry Kai I could have killed you" she apologizes in shame as tears fill her eyes

"but you didn't! you were able to pull yourself out of it, so please don't cry I'm ok"

"I guess you're right"

"thank you for not leaving, I think you're crazy for wanting to stay with me but I do appreciate it" he says

"Thank you for not freaking out and running like hell when I told you" Rather than responding he shocks them both by pulling her into his side and kissing her head shortly before pulling away, she smiles at him, and as a blush creeps onto her pale cheeks, and she suddenly feels a burst of energy so rather than staying up there with Kai she stands and jumps off the roof landing perfectly not wanting him to see how much of an effect he truly had on her, Kai stands up and smiles down at her.

"that was kinda hot" he says staring up at her in wonder, making her roll her eyes

"race you home" she says vamp speeding out of sight, Kai is left alone on the rooftop as he watches her stop after, she was about a hundred yards away from him now. He smiles and begins to climb down from the house as he pictures her drinking his blood once again, after eighteen years alone stuck in prison the twenty-two-year-old looked down at his jeans realizing that she was doing more to him than just being a friend. As the days pass it was growing harder and harder for him to control himself around her, the only thing that kept him from saying 'screw it' and kissing her was the fact that he could tell she was innocent, he didn't want to hurt her by having her do something she would later regret. But man it was hard to resist as she walked around with those leggings that perfectly defined her ass. Kai shakes the impure thoughts out of his head and follows after the girl.

-

Once they had returned home there was an awkward silence between the two, they had both admitted to some heavy things and neither knew exactly what to say. It all made sense to the girl however, she had all the pieces to the puzzle and she finally understood why he acted this way. She wanted to ask him why he did it, but she didn't want to trigger him or bring back unwanted memories, things were good between them.

"I can basically hear your brain thinking" Kai says, he could read her like an open book

"sorry"

"spill"

"why did you do it?" she asks causing him to stop messing around with the Gameboy and look up at her