Chapter Fifty Six

A few hours later Maddie Salvatore is awoken by the sound of footsteps entering her room, she notices Bonnie Bennet and smiles as best she can, and holds her hand up. The witch smiles sadly and moves over to where her friend lay aging quickly in her bed. Bonnie places her hand on Maddie's and sniffles as she feels the rough skin, it was finally starting to sink in that she was going to be losing to beloved friends in the worst way. Bonnie felt horribly guilty for everything she had done to the girl and how her actions had directly affected Maddie more times than one. Though they had already made up in the past Bonnie couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of guilt. 

    "Bonnie" Maddie smiles at her friend 

    "I never thought I'd see this day"

    "me either" she admits

    "I want to say that I'm so-"

"you don't have to finish that sentence, I've already forgiven you for everything and I love you so much. Now listen I know what you have to do with Kai and I beg of you to wait a few days, and rather than forcing him to live there forever please allow him to die I can't let you make him suffer for too long"

    "I'm so happy you forgive me, and I will, I promise" she says, Maddie knew she plans to put Kai into a prison world and there's nothing she could do to change her mind.

    "I also need to apologize, I never considered what he did to you. I know how traumatic it was and I'm sorry and I know he is too. It will never make a difference but just know that he lives with it everyday"

    "It's ok, I was never upset with you"

    "I wish things were different" Maddie says holding her hand

    "Everything worked out the way it was supposed to"

    "goodbye bonnie"

-

     "What were you two thinking?"  Damon asks storming into the room, she had been waiting for him to come in and talk to her for hours and she worried he wouldn't make it. but he was here and she was happy she could say her peace with him before passing.

    "we were thinking that we would save you and the rest of the world, it's not a bad way to go out if you ask me"

    "I should be in this bed right now" he says tears falling down his face

    "don't say that Damon, you and Elena are going to live a long and happy life together"

    "why do I get to live but you two don't, I'm the oldest I should be taking care of you not the other way around" he says crying

    "Damon stop doing this to yourself, this is not your fault and I'm glad that it was me and not you because let's face it, I never would have lived a normal life with Kai something would have torn us apart whether it be age, disease, or just an accident"

    "I'm sorry Maddie, for everything" he says

    "I've forgiven you long ago"

    "I love you sister", he says smiling at her as tears fall from his bright blue eyes, she smiles at him before Kai Parker runs into the room looking breathless, and as he looks at her and his face falls and all color from his cheeks disappear.