Chapter Eight

After they arrived from their trip to Seattle he invited himself to live with her, he claimed that it made more sense anyway. But she didn't mind, having him around was nice, he was really good at keeping the sadness at bay. He always had her laughing about something ridiculous, his presence was becoming something she craved as the weeks went by. Nobody had ever treated her the way he did, and she loved it. He knew she was still a bit skeptical about him, one thing she'd learned about him is that he's good at reading people. He's worked very hard to get her to trust him, he does small things like ask her about her past, and he does bigger things like asking her to dance around the room with him. 

The whole world was empty and all she had was one guy who seemed a bit off of his rocker and talked a hell of a lot. Understandably so, Kai had spent a long time alone in this prison full well knowing there was no way out, Maddie felt for him. She knew one thing for sure, something between the two of them was definitely weird, it was like an unspoken pull that made her want to be near him. Every second she was near him he made her nervous, but she also fought the urge to drink his blood dry and then make out with him. It was odd, she'd never experienced that feeling before. She would kill to know if he felt the same way but this wasn't twilight and unfortunately she wasn't Edward Cullen. She lays in her bed staring up at the wall as thoughts of Kai plague her, the sound of a board creaking causes her to sit up in alert. Back home that always meant there was a threat, she slips out of her bed and frowns as she finds nobody in the hallway.

"kai?" she calls, frowning when there is no response. She walks down the hall and into the kitchen expecting to find him there cooking something as he always was at this time, but it was empty. Another creak causes her to whip around and walk towards Kai's bedroom hoping to find him as this was beginning to creep her out. She finds nothing and turns back around finding Kai himself walking down the hallway in only a towel, she squeals and covers her eyes as he walks past her.

    "calm down its not like I'm naked" he comments at her innocent reaction

   "sorry I thought I heard a noise"

"yeah that happens, it just the mind playing tricks, don't worry you'll get used to it" he says, she frowns at his comment and nods before walking out of his room in order to give him privacy. She retreats down to the kitchen and leans against the wall running her hands through her hair, the sight of him with nothing on was replaying in her head over and over. He was skinny and she hadn't expected him to be that built underneath the Tee with a long sleeve under it.

    "hey sorry I scared you I've always been good at sneaking up on people" Kai says entering the kitchen

    "oh it's fine no worries"

    "hey are you ok?"

    "yeah why do you ask?" she wonders

    "well whenever you run your hands through your hair it usually means you're either worried or nervous"

    "how did you know that?"

    "I'm very observant" he says walking closer to her and running his hand along her arm before walking over to the fridge acting as nothing had happened. The girl stares at him in shock.

    "so how are you doing with all of this prison world stuff?"

    "honestly I feel like I'm gonna go insane" she says