Chapter Thirty Seven

The past month had been the worst thing she'd ever experienced in her entire existence, that that was saying a lot. Each day she would wake up alone in bed and have a breakdown as she realized that she was not in his arm. Then she would spend the majority of her day combing through various books trying to find any answers on how to bring someone back from the dead. No matter how many times Stefan would ask his sister to stop and allow herself to grieve she would ignore him, the hope of there being something out there that could bring him back was keeping her alive. Once she would finish the daily talk with Stefan, Damon would usually try to speak to her but she would blow him off, sometimes snapping his neck and other times simply walking away. She would finish each day by crawling into bed and holding his sweatshirt tightly taking in his scent, and cry until sleep overcame her. It was a deadly cycle, she was at the lowest of low, rock bottom with absolutely nothing left. However last Sunday she woke up with a sick feeling in her stomach, after emptying the contents she ran to Stefan in confusion while he stared at her in complete shock, she asked him what was wrong and he told her to listen. She nearly passed out when she heard a faint heartbeat coming from her own stomach, but it was impossible, vampires couldn't procreate. They went to the hospital and Stefan held his sister's hand as the doctor told them that Maddie was in fact pregnant, and it was a girl.

From that moment on she decided that she would no longer allow herself to stay in that dark place, Kai was gone and she would miss him with every bone in her body for the rest of eternity, but now she had a miracle. This baby was a new beginning, the last thing she has left of the man she loves; she had to make sure that nothing ever happened to this baby. The news spread throughout the community quickly and everyone was just as shocked as the Salvatore Sister herself, nobody could understand how this was possible. She couldn't complain, as this baby was saving her life just by existing. She had all sorts of visitors, from people she knew from high school to all of her close friends. They assured her that it would be tough but she knew that she could handle it, besides she had Stefan, Caroline, and Matt all by her side. This all was so much to take in, as the moment she was turned into a vampire she knew that she would never be a mother like she always dreamed. so she hadn't thought about it since it was very discouraging, but now she was reading parenting books and coming up with names. She's a girl and ever since Maddie was a child she always wanted a girl named Rosalina, after her grandmother who was a sweetheart and taught her everything she knew about being a strong woman back in the day. After taking to Stefan they came up with Rosalina Josett Parker, Maddie knew that her daughter would be strong as she was named after two of the strongest women she'd ever met. A few days after the news broke a small knock appears at her door, she frowns and walks over opening it to see the face of Bonnie Bennet, the woman who she used to call one of her best friends.

    "what are you doing here?"

    "I wanted to come and say congratulations"

    "is that all?"

    "no there's so much I want to say and nothing that will ever make up for it, but I want to start by saying I'm so sorry" Bonnie says as tears fill her eyes, Maddie sighs and step back so she can come into her room and takes a seat on her bed.

    "Bonnie I appreciate that but I can't say that I forgive you"

    "ok that's fine I understand"

    "but like you said it's a start" she says reassuring her, sending her a soft smile she was still furious with the witch but something deep inside her heart couldn't allow her to be mad at Bonnie forever. Eventually, she hopes she is able to forgive her.