Chapter Twenty Four

After the two had fought Kai decided that the best thing to do was perform a sleep spell on his girlfriend so she couldn't try and stop him from completing his plan, he had to practice his magic on someone and he wouldn't use Maddie so Elena Gilbert was the next best thing. Hours later she opens her eyes to see that she was laying on the ground, and she takes in her surroundings, her eyes finding Elena tied up in chains from the ceiling looking at her with pleading eyes. She instantly realizes they are at their old school, "so everyone's on winter break still you know its no wonder America got dumb when I got locked up because kids are never in school anyway do you mind if I try to turn your blood into acid again?" he asks

    "kai you don't have to do this listen to me you don't have to do this" she pleads, he ignores her and Elena grunts in pain as he starts to chant

    "please stop!" Maddie begs, she hated seeing her friends in pain, she didn't want to hurt him but he was crossing a line

    "my ring Kai you're melting my ring" Elena pleads trying to get him to stop

    "stop it!" Maddie screams getting up and tackling Kai to the ground, Elena takes this opportunity to break off her chains and she falls to the ground and runs through the hallways. Kai sends her an angry look.

    "Stay here" he says before going after Elena, as soon as he leaves the room, she gets to her feet and runs after them as quickly as she can, she was still weak and dizzy from the spell, finding Kai had corned Elena in a classroom, she steps inside quietly and looks around for anything to help her friend while they speak.

"I never understood sentimental attachments to objects, because then it's so sad when you lose them" He says, Maddie tries to ignore the hurt his words bring her heart and nods Elena to look to her right, she gesture to the gas outlet on each of the desks, Elena's eyes widen and she quickly unplugs the hose before shoving her hand into the sunlight, it catches on fire and it spreads to Kai's body. She watches him fall to the ground and begin chanting a healing spell.

"run" Maddie says to her friend, they both sprint through the halls as quickly as possible when Elena drops to the ground screaming in pain. She turns to see Kai with his handheld in the air and she vamp speeds over to him shoving his body into the nearby locker so he loses his concentration, he grabs onto her arm mumbling a few words rendering Elena unconscious with a broken neck. He drags Elena to the cafeteria and motions for her to follow, she does as told not to make the situation worse, and he once again ties Elena up with vervain ropes he decided to leave his girlfriend untied. Once he's finished he walks back over to her direction and squats down to her level trying to catch her gaze that she was determined to hide from him.

    "look I know you're upset with me"

    "that's not even close to how I'm feeling right now" she says gritting her teeth while still avoiding his eyes, knowing full well he hates that

"I know this is all bad right now but I promise you'll understand why all of this was necessary, once I'm the leader of the coven we can do anything you want, just you and me like we always said" he says stroking her face gently with his hand, she instantly shrugs away from him, trying to ignore the hurt expression he sends. It hurt him deeply to see how he had ruined her, it was clear she hated him now and he honestly couldn't blame her. The last thing he wanted was for this to happen, and after all of it was over he had a lot of making up to do. It was too late for him to move on and forget about her, Madison Salvatore was the only thing keeping him sane and without her he wouldn't know how to survive.