Chapter Three

The next morning Kai had woken up after a good night's sleep for the first time in nearly five years. He finally had someone here, he wouldn't be alone anymore. He was excited to show her around, he knew that adjusting would be hard in the beginning however when he first got to this hell he had nobody but she had him. He wouldn't let her go insane, she could somehow be of use eventually. Not to mention he hadn't seen a female in eighteen years and he was extremely attracted to her. With an extra skip in his step, Kai made his way over to the abnormally large house and walked in, he frowns as he doesn't find her downstairs. He pours himself a glass of bourbon before he makes his way through the maze-like house and finds the stairs, he walks up and finds all the doors closed except for one, he makes his way over to it and peeps his head in. He frowns when he finds the bed clearing unslept in, he enters the room and his eyes are caught by the large glass shards all over the floor leading to the bathroom. Kai then walks over to the bathroom and checks around the corner and sighs when he doesn't find the small redhead girl, he walks out and frowns when he spots her laying on the ground in the corner of the room. He walks over to her and bends down moving a piece of hair from her face checking to see if she was still alive, he sighs in relief as her breath hits his hand and he gently lays a hand on her shoulder. She reacts instantly and shoots up from her spot looking up at him in confusion. Kai takes in her face with shock, he knew if he had the ability to feel bad for someone he would. She had mascara all over her face and her cheeks were puffy and swollen, there were obvious tear tracks down her face, and her hair looked as if she had been pulling at it. It was obvious she'd gone through a breakdown about her new living situation the night before and Kai had no idea how to handle it. He wasn't plagued with emotions like this so he couldn't understand her pain. When he first arrived he was filled with rage, that was the only thing he felt. 

    "Kai what are you doing here?" she asks in a hoarse voice

    "get up we're going on a trip"

    "why?"

    "because you look like you could use a good time"

    "ok I guess, where are we going?" 

"Seattle" he responds taking a sip of the alcohol, she stares at him blankly but shakes it off before running her hands through her hair trying to calm it down. She was embarrassed he had seen her in this state, she knew for a fact she looked like a complete mess. 

    "road trip!"

    "no we're gonna fly"

    "what? how?" she exclaims 

    "I'm gonna fly us there" 

    "hell no!"

    "Red I have been here for eighteen years, I've picked up a few hobbies"

"Kai I'm sorry but I do not trust you to get me from Virginia to Seattle in one piece" she admits standing to her feet and crossing her arms, though she knew worst case if they were to crash she wouldn't be able to die but if he did she would be alone. 

    "how do you think I got here to see you?"

    "you don't like here?"

    "no I don't really live anywhere" he shrugs

    "I don't know"