Chapter Forty Five

With the painting done the house was finally ready, Maddie was satisfied and Kai was happy she was happy. They both loved it, as soon as Maddie saw the large front yard she was determined to create a beautiful garden just like the one her mother had. All he wanted was for her to be happy, he couldn't care less about decor but it clearly interested her and he was more than happy to listen as she debated between wall colors. She was human now and it was harder for her to get things done without growing tired, she always pushed herself to the limit as she wasn't used to having one. On this night Kai decided that they should do something special to celebrate the start of their drama-free life, so he began cooking a beautiful meal full of all of his girlfriend's favorite foods while she shopped for outdoor chairs for their porch. By the time he finished, it was dusk and Maddie walks through the door watching him with surprise as he sets the ham down.

    "What's all this?" she asks

    "Well I figured we should celebrate our new start with a fancy dinner, considering we've never actually had a real date I thought it'd be nice"

    "I love it thank you" she says kissing his cheek

    "Why don't you go put on something fancy and meet me back here when you're ready?"

"That sounds amazing, I'll be back shortly" she says excitedly, he smiles as he watches her skip back to their room while he straightens out his long-sleeved dress shirt waiting for her to return. Five minutes later Maddie returns wearing a simple dress along with her hair tied up in a half up half down style.

    "Welcome Mrs.Parker you look beautiful, please have a seat" he says offering her his arm and walking her over to the other side of the table, she giggles as he pushes her chair in and sits down across from her.

    "This is literally perfect, I can't think of a better way to celebrate" Maddie says as Kai pours her a glass of wine

    "Well I wanted to do something to really let you know that I missed you and I'm ready for this life. It's you and me baby"

   "That's all I've ever wanted" she mumbles smiling at him softly, she then begins to grab the various items of the table and place them on her plate before cutting a piece of ham and popping it into her mouth savoring the taste.

   "How is it?" he asks

    "Is crack" she says making him laugh loudly

    "I have a confession to make"

   "What is it?" he asks growing worried

    "This is my first date ever"

    "What? But what about William?" he asks confused how in the hell men weren't constantly all over her, not that he minded, he wanted her all to himself.

    "We went to the parties together yes, but this is my first dinner date and not gonna lie I'm kinda nervous" she jokes

    "I'm your husband" he deadpans playing along with her joke, she laughs and they both smile lovingly at each other at his words, it was still surreal that they were truly married. 

    "Wow I love hearing you say that" she says dreamily

    "It is crazy huh? Who would have thought we'd be here?"

    "Not me" she admits, feeling guilt arise in her stomach, she never thought she could live a normal life with Kai. Even now they were living on borrowed time.

    "You still have it, the necklace I gave you" Kai says changing the subject as his eyes find the small sun pendant that lays on her chest

    "I never took it off"

    "Thank you" he says, setting his fork down and staring at the girl in awe, how did he end up with someone like her?

    "For what?"

    "For sticking with me even after all of these years"

    "Well you're kinda hard to get over, with the rugged looks and powers, what can I say I'm a sucker for bad boys" she says smirking causing him to raise his eyebrows at her bold attitude

    "Well your bad boy is here and he would like to dance with his wife if she'll accept"

"She would love too as long as she gets to come back to his ham afterwards" Maddie says, shoving another piece into her mouth before standing and walking over to Kai whose hands are outstretched towards her. He pulls her against his chest as they sway around the room to harry styles.