Chapter Thirty Four

Bonnie knew that Kai had gotten out of the prison she had locked him in, she also knew that he was on his way to come see the love of his life, Madison Salvatore. She had made sure that the girl was out of the house planning the wedding because she had to put an end to Kai once and for all, and she planned on breaking his heart into a million pieces. Bonnie used a spell to create a casket with a girl who looked exactly like Maddie in it in order to convince the man she was gone. She needed to ensure he believed it. Soon enough the loud terrible voice of the man she hated most in the world rang through the house. Bonnie kept her calm as he walked into the room and sent her the scariest look she'd ever seen, but he quickly replaces it with a softer one as he needed to make sure not to piss her off anymore. At this point all he wanted was to find his girl and get the hell out of mystic falls so he could spend eternity with her, he had planned so much for their future together and he couldn't wait for it to begin.

    "Bonnie I should kill you for what you did to me, but since I'm no longer that guy anymore I'll spare you. Now tell me where Maddie is" he demands grabbing her forearm, with a quick touch she is able to tell that he is no longer just a witch, but a heretic.

    "what happened to you?" she asks curiously

    "it doesn't matter! tell me where she is!" he yells, the look on Bonnie's face was making him grow worried that something had happened, and his anger was growing, he needed to know where she was before he completely lost it.

"of course you don't know, you were in the prison world" she says pretending to act upset, his heart stops at her words, she had to be lying. Maybe she had just gotten hurt and had an accident, but judging by the look on her face he knew that his worst fear was becoming his reality.

    "what are you talking about Bonnie?" he asks walking over to the witch and shaking her furiously

    "Bonnie tell me where she is!"

    "she was killed by a vampire hunter yesterday" she says allowing a fake tear to fall from her face

    "no that's not true" he says shaking his head as shock hits him

"see for yourself" she says gesturing to the coffin she had created with her spell, Kai's face turns from anger to one of pure pain as he approaches it slowly. He opens the casket and when he sees her body laying inside of it decayed he falls to the ground as tears fall down his face. He clutches onto his hair pulling at it angrily rocking back and forth. After all the years of abuse, he had suffered at the hands of his father this was by far the greatest pain he had ever felt in his entire life. The overwhelming feeling of guilt and grief was consuming him and he felt sick, he knew that there was no way he could live without her. She was the only thing keeping him sane and because of Bonnie Bennet, he was not here to protect her when she needed him the most. The longer he sat the more his heart hurt and it was beginning to become unbearable, she was the love of his life, the one person who took the time to understand that he wasn't just a monster, but was forced to become one. He couldn't live without her, just the thought of it made him sick.

He pleaded with whatever god to make the pain go away somehow as he cried on the ground in front of her coffin, and suddenly it did, he had flipped his switch

He pleaded with whatever god to make the pain go away somehow as he cried on the ground in front of her coffin, and suddenly it did, he had flipped his switch. He no longer felt the sadness or the grief, all he felt was the pure anger and the need for revenge were bubbling inside of him. He would make Bonnie Bennet suffer for making him leave Maddie's side, and then he would kill the person who the vampire hunter loves the most in this world as he had done to Kai. The only vampire hunter he knew in Mystic Falls was Alaric who by chance was getting married to his own twin sister that night, and he was about to rain hell on the wedding.

"I may hate you but I am sorry for your loss" Bonnie says before walking out of the room, she watches from behind the wall as he shakes and cries mumbling that he was sorry over and over. She was beginning to feel bad until she remembered everything he had done to her and she smirked. Suddenly Kai gets up from the floor and walks out of the room before slamming the door shut. Bonnie gets rid of the coffin and prays that Kai decides to leave before he can run into Maddie before the wedding though she knows he would never go to it. After shrugging it off she decides that she should now go get ready for Jo and Alaric's wedding that was now only in a few hours.