Chapter Twenty Two

"everyone please take your assigned seats and we can begin with Friendsgiving," Caroline says staring at her friends expectantly. Maddie smiles and takes her spot next to Elena and directly across from Jo Laughlin, the girl knew for a fact that they had never met but she looked extremely familiar. Luke and Liv two twins that went to their college were sitting at the end of the table, she was glad to see them again as she had befriended the two before she died. The conversation was nice and causal as everyone tried to watch what they said because Elena had decided to bring her new boy to the dinner, the girl couldn't believe that she would compel all of her memories away. But she also couldn't say she blamed her, as the days pass she longed to see Kai more than anything and she felt hopeless. The sound of Luke playing a video causes everyone to face him as they all recognize the voice, it was Jo.

    "I used to say that to the twins, Lucas and Olivia" Jo says staring at the two blondes in shock

    "Jo as in Jossett?"

    "wait you guys know each other?" Caroline asks

    "I'm their sister"

    "wow small world" Maddie smiles, she was happy that they were able to find each other

    "wait so where are the boys?"

    "they went to Portland to find the ascendant" Elena says as they all ignored Liam's confused stares

    "wait as in Kai's ascendant? you can't let them have it, if he gets out-"

"he won't get out" Jo assures her siblings, Maddie's eyes widen as she realizes that this really is a small world. This is what's left of Kai's family, that's why Jo looked so familiar because he's her twin. She gulps and prays that nobody outs her relationship because she did not feel like defending it for the millionth time since she'd gotten home.

    "he's a psychopath, he killed four of our siblings but his main targets were Luke and Liv"

    "wait hold on Kai Parker as in Maddie's prison word boy?" Caroline asks causing all heads to snap towards the redhead sitting at the end of the table. She curses under her breath and tries to think of anything to get her out of this situation.

    "what?" Liv asks angrily

    "you don't understand," the girl says trying to defuse the conversation

    "you're right I don't so why don't you explain it to me! how could you love a monster who killed his family?"

    "he's not a monster" she mumbles causing Liv to slam her hands down on the table and throw her against the wall using her magic

    "how dare you"

    "Liv let her go" Jo says placing a hand on her sister's arm, the girl glares at her one last time before storming out of the room

    "Maddie"

    "don't touch me" she says as Elena walks closer to her

    "you can all sit here and judge me all you want but I don't care! I died and then I woke up in a prison world with only one other person, he saved me from going insane, I would have killed myself if he wasn't there!"