Chapter Thirty One

As soon as Maddie heard the news that Bonnie made it back home she was in the car speeding to her location. She felt guilty for living her life here without her with the man who left her alone no less, while she was still up in that place. All she wanted was to see her face and hear her voice, but as soon as she showed up Bonnie glared at her. No matter what she said the witch refused to talk to her and it broke her heart, no matter how much it hurt she knew that it was not focused on her, but mainly towards Kai. He had completely screwed her over and she hated that Maddie was still with him after everything. Everyone did, nobody understood how she could stand him but it was something she could never explain, it was like she was waiting for him her whole life without even knowing it. After Bonnie's she decided to check on Damon as they hadn't seen each other in a while, she'd been with Kai and he'd been with Elena. However Damon did not help make my day better like she thought he would, normally he brightened her mood easily but today he informed her of news that made everything ten times worse. When Bonnie was escaping she had the camcorder recording and she had stumbled upon the other prison world, the one Kai had briefly mentioned to her a few weeks prior. But when she showed Damon the video he claims that a woman who looks exactly like their mother appeared, and he was now forcing her to help him get their mother out of the family crypt. She knew that there was no way it was actually her on the video, she died a very long time ago, it was one of the worst days of their lives.

    "I can't believe Bonnie made it out, actually I can she's smart" Kai's voice appears out of nowhere, Maddie turns and sends him a small smile, finding it hard to be happy at that moment and he walks over to her and kisses her cheek and before wrapping his arm around her.

   "hello Red, Damon. hey, do you need help?" Kai asks

    "actually don't listen to that I'd rather not"

    "ouch" he complains after she had pinched him with her nails, he stares down at her in confusion 

    "don't be a prick" she responds, he rolls his eyes and turns his attention back to where Damon stands over their mother's coffin

    "ugh I'm experiencing feelings of guilt watching you, feelings are hard" Kai says

    "so is the end of this crowbar" Damon says

    "can we please hurry it up I need to feed" She adds earning a glare

    " man diggin' up mommy's grave that's dark even for me" Kai says, Maddie glares at him before removing herself from his arms and walking over to her older brother with her arms crossed angrily. This whole situation was tense and morbid, she just wanted it to be over.

    "and it's not necessary Damon, mom died"

    "but Bonnie saw her alive in a 1903 prison world. It's all on camera wanna watch it again Damon?" Kai says clearly taunting him, Maddie turns and faces him as frustration spreads through her.

    "our mother died of consumption in 1858, we did not go through the trouble of moving this thing to the family crypt only to find out she's not in here" she responds firmly

    " oh so Damon just called me here because he needed a friend?" Kai sasses

    "no you wanted to know if it was possible for her to exist in another prison world to which I responded yes to which you responded with denial"