Chapter Twenty One

It had been a few days since Damon and Maddie were sent home by Bonnie and they were all worried sick, she knew that if Bonnie tried to betray Kai it wouldn't end up well for her and she also knew that he would do anything to get out of there. After days of racking her brain for any sort of answer as to how they could help them get out, she finally remembered something Kai had told her months ago. She excitedly runs into the house and smiles when she notices everyone already sitting down staring at her with concerned looks on their faces. She ignores them and informs them what she had remembered about Kai, "ok great you're all here I have good news, Kai told me about a way we could get home. His sister put all of her magic into a blade so he and bonnie can use that magic and they will come home-"

    "Maddie" Stef cuts her off, she stops talking and Damon stands up

    "Look even if they do find a way out I don't want him near you ever" Damon says, she gasps at his words and stares at him in shock

    "who the hell do you think you are?"

    "listen Maddie-"

    "no you listen to me, you don't get to make that call"

    "yes I do" Damon says angrily as she was really testing his patience, he only wanted to protect her but she didn't understand that he was not going to be the man for her. The man Damon saw in the prison world was deranged, sure It was clear he cared about her but his sister deserved someone who would sacrifice themselves for her if needed, Kai was the bad guy, not the one to marry.

    "Damon shut the hell up I'm not a little kid anymore you can't make decisions for me"

    "he's a murderer, why would you wanna be with someone like him?" Elena asks

    "oh so that's why you all hate him hmm, well guess what honey WE ALL ARE" she yells, they all looked taken aback as she rarely loses her cool, she'd always been the calm presence in our group.

    "what makes him different from any one of us? Damon you have killed 10 times more than him" she asks holding her hands in the air

    "he killed his family" Damon says

    "and you haven't Damon? what did you think I forgot about that little story about you killing Zac's pregnant girlfriend and then him?!"

    "Maddie you aren't thinking rationally he's gotten into your head"

    "Damon you knew him for what, all of two days? How can you sit here and tell me that he's gotten into my head?"

    "Because you've never acted like a spoiled brat until after you've fallen for some psychopath!"

     "It's funny you say that because over the years I've kept my mouth shut about how far you were willing to go to protect Elena, but now that it's not about her you can't seem to let it happen. I love him and I don't care what you think"

    "He's really changed you not for the better"

    "screw all of you" she says as they remain silent knowing that she had a point, vamp speeding up to her room and begins packing all of her stuff into a bag when Stefan walks in, he sitting on her bed.

    "you're angry" he says

    "really how could you tell?" she asks sarcastically

    "twins intuition"

    "Look I know you're upset, but you gotta understand we all just want the best for you. And after what Damon told me about him I think that I agree with him" he says causing her to scoff in disbelief as the one person she thought she could count on was now against her.

    "wow there's a first, and why am I not surprised of course you're on their side"

    "what do you mean?" he asks

    "well for over 6 years its been Elena this Elena that, this is the first time you've ever even cared about what I do" she confesses

    "you know that's not true"

    "yes it is stefan! you all would risk your lives over and over for Elena but you can't stand to let me be happy for the first time in my life!" she yells as she throws several pairs of pants into the bag.

    "you're leaving?"

    "yep as soon as Kai comes home we are leaving this place so you don't have to worry about me anymore. You can focus your full attention back on Elena again"

    "Maddie-"

    "Please Stef just go" she says, cutting him off, and he obeys the command and he walks out without another word.