Chapter Seventeen

Life in the prison world was going as well as to be expected, the couple was happy together as they were able to anything they wanted however in the blink of an eye Kai started acting weird again. After they moved into their new cute log cabin by the lake he disappeared for hours every day and he wouldn't tell her what's up. It got really boring around as there was nothing to do without him, She had been occupying her time by painting and reading Stefan's journals that she took from his room. He writes a lot about her passing in 1864 and she knew that it must be hard for him now, especially since he was holding her as she passed. She knew that Kai was up to something fishy, so she decided that today she would finally confront him about his mysterious behavior.

    "hey kai" she greets

    "hey baby what's up" he says as she sits down next to him on the couch quickly putting something into his front jacket pocket.

    "why have you been leaving for such a long time everyday? is there something you aren't telling me?"

    "I'm sorry I didn't realize I was worrying you, well its a surprise I can't tell you about  just yet"

    "ok"

    "hey why don't we do something fun today?" he asks

    "like what?"

    "well didn't you say you wanted to make cookies yesterday?" he asks with a small smile on his face, she nods

"let's do it! I'll help", she smiles, he jumps up and pulls her up also, dragging her to the kitchen while she laughs. He hoists her onto the counter and gathers all of the ingredients, once he returns he's wearing a pink 'kiss the chef' robe and she laughs as he walks over to her trying to act sexy. He finally makes his way over to her and pulls the girl into a passionate kiss, he did feel bad about leaving her out of his plan but he had to make sure before he got too excited, he couldn't lie, he missed her badly but he had to do this. If he was correct they could get out of this place. Maddie pulls him closer as his arms make their way around the girl holding her tightly against him. A few moments later he pulls away needed to breathe and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear while she tries to get rid of the obvious blush on her face. Embarrassed that he still had that much of an effect on her.

    "someone's a little flustered" he says holding her hands in his

    "no I'm not you just caught me off guard"

    "well I had to make sure I lived to up what is said on my robe" he says helping her off of the counter

    "you're tiny again"

    "I may be tiny but I can still easily beat your ass" she sasses  looking up at him with a smirk

    "maybe if you had fed within the last few weeks"

    "it doesn't matter I could still take you"

    "I know you hate feeding from me but you can't keep holding off for as long as possible anymore" he says bringing up the fact that she hadn't fed in almost two weeks

    "I don't like hurting you"

    "It doesn't bother me at all you know that, please don't starve yourself" he pleads grabbing her hands and pulling her back to him

    "Kai -"

    "What if I told you it makes me really happy when you feed off of me?" he says lowly into her ear making sure to emphasize the word 'really'. She looks up at him raising her eyebrows

    "are you saying that me feeding off of your blood turns you on?"

    "maybe"

    "I'll keep that in mind" she says pulling away from him and walking over to the counter where the ingredients still sit

    "really?" he asks hopefully

    "no" she rolls her eyes as he pouts

-

  "we need more flour"

"right on it" Kai replies dumping the whole bunch of flour into the bowl causing it to cover the entire bowl along with the counter, she frowns at the white powder now covering the counter and stares up at him.

"kai that's way too much! you have to take some of that out!", he takes some out but instead of putting it back into the bag he throws it into her face. She coughs out the flour and looks at him with her mouth open in shock.

"you did not just" she says

"Oh I totally did" he smirks, she grabs a handful of flour and stands on her tippy toes to dumping it on his hair. This starts an all-out war. They begin throwing all kinds of ingredients at each other laughing. After a few minutes of running around and laughing an idea pops into her head, she sprints into the kitchen and turns her back towards him, and kneels on the ground pretending to hold her eye.

"oww it got into my eye"  he runs over  and grabs her hand looking into her eye, worried

" let me see", then she take this chance to crack an egg on his head, the egg drips down his shirt and falls to the floor. And she backs up and laughs at his bewildered face.

"oh you're gonna get it" he says chasing her around the house when he finally catches up to her they both slip and fall to the ground, they sit up still laughing. He looks at her and then takes the egg from his head and smears it onto her hair. She gasps and goes to say something but he pulls the girl in for a kiss. They instantly pull away at the smell of something burning, they share a look and run to the oven, Kai takes the cookies out and they are black, burnt to a crisp.

    "well that was fun" he says biting into one of the burnt cookies

    "still good" he says mouth full nodding in delight