Chapter Twenty

Maddie and Kai walk through the woods to go meet Bonnie and Damon at the same spot they had picked out yesterday, and it was silent. She was still upset with him but more than that she didn't know what to say after what had taken place the night before, she had no idea what came over her or where that confidence came from. She had no clue she could be so bold and she was worried that he would be disappointed if he found out that she lost control. It was all so confusing, as a vampire everything was dialed up to eleven, she had no issues before him but now it's like she was becoming a completely different person and it was infuriating to want something so bad but be afraid to say it. She felt so guilty for feeling all of these things when they are in the middle of a serious situation that could determine her future sanity.

    "how many times do I have to say I'm sorry" Kai says breaking the silence

    "Well for starters you could stop threatening to kill my brother and my friend" she sasses deciding to just take out all of her anger on him, he needed to know that his actions are not going to be tolerated.

    "look I told you already I only did all of that so they would work with me willingly, I was never gonna actually do it"

    "How do I know that Kai? you had no problem trying to kill me so why wouldn't you kill the people I care about?" she spits out, regretting it as soon as it comes out, he stops walking and grabs her arm forcing her to look at him.

    "you know I would never hurt you" he says with a hurt look in his eyes, she sighs and grabs his hand holding it gently

    "I know I'm sorry"

    "no it's me who should be sorry, I've messed up a lot in the past few days and I know it's hurt you. I just want to get out of here so badly that it's making me go a bit crazy"

    "its ok I understand how you feel"

"I don't want to lose the only thing I've ever cared about in the last 40 years so please just bear with me. I promise that anything I do is for us, because dammit I don't know why but I feel so connected to you like there's always something pulling me to be near you and I don't know why but I need you and it's the scariest thing ever but it's true"

"I feel the same way Kai" she says pulling his neck down and connecting their lips together, the butterflies spread through her stomach and she smiles as they pull away. They continue to walk through the woods where they said they would meet the two. Shortly after arriving at the spot the couple sees Damon and Bonnie there walk up side by side.

"I heard my name all good things I hope. The eclipse will happen directly overhead in perfect timing with the Gemini constellation, you need to dig into the tunnels underground we will get the most power there" kai says before turning and walking back in the same direction they had come from.

    "where are you going?" Damon asks

    "Into town, I need to get some important supplies"

    "are you coming?" Kai asks looking down at his girlfriend, she ignores Damon's strong glare and nods following Kai as he whistles and swings around trees.

    "So can we just talk about last night?" he asks once they've left the forest

    "What about it?"