Chapter Six

Just as their lips are about to touch a loud roar of thunder echos through the sky, they pull apart and their eyes search the dark clouds curiously. Before they can reach a large lightning strike clashes against the building across the street, Kai instantly grips her hand and pulls her out of the water, and pulls her back inside the room shutting the door. Both stand staring at each other in shock as they try to catch their breath, and then the awkwardness begins to set in as they realize what they almost did. Kai frowns as he takes in her body, she was shaking due to the cold and he sighs running over to the bathroom and pulling out a few towels, he runs over to her and hands her one. Before stripping off his shirt and dropping it on the floor, she gasps and turns around, he frowns before walking away from her.

 "I'm gonna go shower and warm-up you should too" Kai walks into the bathroom and strips off the rest of his clothes before turning on the water, he waits for it to warm up before stepping in and allowing the water to fall down his body. He begins to wash using the provided soap while he remembers what had happened earlier, he wanted to shove her head under the water and watch as she snuggled to breathe until she stopped moving, just like he did with his brother. But with her, it was different the thought of hurting her was unpleasant, though he had no real feelings towards the girl he couldn't deny the attraction. She was the first person he'd seen in nearly twenty years and of course, she turned out to be a cute girl. He was attracted to her, his mind was filled with all of the things he wanted to do to her and it was enough to make him hard. He had to keep his thoughts at bay, clearly, she wasn't the type to just throw herself at someone and he wouldn't push her, that was one boundary he refused to cross. 

Across the penthouse, Maddie stands underneath the water unable to stop thinking about the almost-kiss that had happened between her and Kai. She was so close to giving him her first kiss and she'd only known him for two days, how could she let herself do that? There was just something about him that pulled her in, she wanted to know him. But with the obvious control issues he held along with the anger and dark past she wasn't quite sure if she could trust him yet. However this weekend had helped, he had flown her to Seattle, made her dinner, and had gotten her out of the pool after the lightning stuck, that all counted in his favor. She did wonder how amazing it would feel to have his lips on her own, she imagined he would be a good kisser. He was so attractive, she was positive he knew what he was doing, he most likely had a lot of experience where she had none. Maddie shakes the thoughts from her head and washes the conditioner out of her hair while she watches the sky light up from the lightning, it was truly beautiful. It reminded her of her childhood, whenever there was a storm she and Stefan would sneak out and watch the storm from their barn, it was their thing. Some people fear the violent bursts of electricity however she loved it, the chaos and beauty. Just then another flash lights up the room and all of the lights shut off completely, she gasps in shock as she's left in darkness with water still falling down her body. She blindly reaches for the shower handle and turns off the water before stepping out of the shower which thankfully didn't have a door on it, she reaches for her towel but curses as the only thing she can find are what feels like her robe. She wraps it around herself and ties it before trying to find the towel.

    "Maddie!" kai yells, the girl screams in fright and he laughs, he was clearly close to her

    "you scared me asshole"

    "where are you?" 

    "in the bathroom" she responds 

"ok follow my voice" he says, she begins walking forward slowly before she bumps into something. She reaches down and feels two hands outstretched against her boobs and cries in shock moving back covering herself.

    "are you not wearing a bra?"

    "I can't find my clothes!" 

    "thats kinda hot" he responds 

    "shut up! now, what are we gonna do for light?"

    "I have lighter" Kai says pulling it out and illuminating his face, she stares at him angrily 

    "you had that the whole time and you just got it out?"

    "yeah I thought it'd be fun to find each other"

    "Jesus, ok let's just go find candles before we slip and break our backs"

    "I know what else would break your back"

    "Kai!"