Chapter Five

Rather than both of them going back to the hotel Maddie was able to convince Kai that she needed to go grab some clothes as she hadn't packed enough, he seemed to buy it and she was grateful. She desperately needed to break away from him in order to track down a hospital and take the blood supply, she hadn't fed since she showed up in this world and though she was still ok it wasn't great to skip a few days without blood. She didn't want to lose control and drink from Kai this was the only option. She wasn't ready to tell him about her dark secret yet, she wanted to know he wouldn't leave her before she informed him that she was a blood-sucking monster. She would begin to weaken if she kept this up. Maddie speeds to the grocery store nearby and frantically looks for a map, she finds one at the cash register and unfolds it before scanning it for the nearest hospital. She sighs in relief as it was only a few blocks from her current location, she drops the map on the ground, and vamp speeds down the dark streets to the hospital. She waists no time in breaking into the blood supply and rips the cap off of one downing it instantly, she reveals in how amazing it tasted and rips off the cap of another one doing the same. After two she was satisfied and wipes her face, she then begins to pile the blood into a bad she'd found on the shelf happily. Once she filled it Maddie zips it up and walks out of the hospital making her way back to the four seasons now at full speed with her strength back. She makes it in no time and rides the elevator up to the top level of the hotel where the penthouse was located, she walks in and takes the incredible decor in. She walks through the living room and spots Kai sitting out on the lookout and vamp speeds up to her room where she hides the bag in her suitcase. She then walks back down and joins him.

    "how was the late-night shopping trip?"

   "good I got a few sweaters, but my god this view is amazing, and the room is like an apartment" she comments

   "yeah it is, that's why people pay $800 a night"

"Jesus" she responds in shock, her family always had money but not that type. Kai turns to look at her but his face falls as his eyes focus on her shirt, she looks down and her heart stops at the sight of blood-stained onto it

"why is there blood on your shirt?"

"Sometimes I get bloody noses" she replies quickly, he nods before turning and looking at the beautiful pool they had, a smirk crosses over his face, and before she can register it his hands shove her into the pool. She falls into the ice-cold water fully clothed and swims to the surface screaming while she brushes her hair out of her face. Kai laughs as she swims over to the edge where he bends down to her level, suddenly his face falls and darkness takes over his thoughts. All he would have to do is hold her under for a bit and she would be gone, he shakes his thoughts out of his head and she grips his hand.

"you asshole why did you do that!"

"sorry baby I'm not swimming tonight" he responds planting his feet on the ground, she rolls her eyes and tugs him into the freezing water and he stares at her in shock, she was a lot stronger than she looked, he is snapped out of his thoughts when a large wave of water lands directly on his face. He coughs and stares at her in betrayal before sending one right back making her laugh loudly, the rain was pouring and the two had started a vicious water war fully clothed in the middle of a storm. Neither cared. Kai suddenly reaches forward and grips her arm pulling her over to him, he splashes water directly in her face. Rather than returning it, Maddie stares up at him suddenly nothing just how close their bodies had gotten just now, his arms were wrapped around her and she had her hands on his chest, their face near inches from each other. Kai then stares down at her and begins to lean in slowly, without a second thought she does the same with excitement flowing through her chest, she wanted to know what it felt like to have his lips against hers.