Chapter Twenty Seven

Maddie was currently standing in the kitchen with Elena and Damon listening to them argue playfully while she was thinking about Kai. The two of them had spent the past couple of days together and he had informed her that he desperately needed to get back to Oregon to recover some things he would need in order to be the new leader of the Gemini coven. He was different now, but in a good way, she adored this new Kai more than anything, he was no longer as snippy and was much more lovey around her which she couldn't get enough of. This is the man with who she could spend the rest of her life, this was her dream to find someone who truly loved her and after 165 years she found him, she didn't intend on letting him go.

"hello?" A familiar voice calls

"I thought you were going to Portland to take care of a few things?" she says getting running over to him and jumping into his arms, he smiles as she kisses his cheek softly. Both Damon and Elena frown in confusion as they instantly notice his change in behavior, he was always kinder towards the girl but this was different. The way he looked at her reminded the couple of a lovestruck puppy.

    "Yeah why are you here?" Damon asks

    "whew I forgot how massive this house was, oh yum cupcakes, funny thing I need your help, and is it a crime to come say goodbye to my girlfriend?" he says holding up a letter addressed to Jo while licking the frosting off of his cupcake.

"why would we give a letter to Jo?" Elena asks, Kai moves over to the tables and sits on it gesturing for Maddie to come over to him, she smiles and walks over to him sitting between his legs as his arms wrap around her shoulders, just feeling her touch was enough to keep him calm as they refuse his letter.

    "I haven't been able to find her using a locator spell but normally I would be super ready to take out her belly button"

    "why would we help you Kai?" Elena asks

"well in case you haven't figured it out by now I was a sociopath and I never loved anything, so then this merge happens and my brother Luke, and I won which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died how Liv's life is ruined and for some horrible reason I can't shake it" he says, Maddie nods and grabs his hand gently stroking it hoping to provide him comfort.

    "and how badly I feel about it"

    "you feel bad?" Elena asks

"yeah so when I absorbed Luke's magic I must have gotten all the rest of the emotions like guilt. So I googled how to deal with emotional pain and they said if you write everything down In a letter you'll be healed so I started writing and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you? Like water just like oozing out of my eyes like I'm some creature oozing fluids,'' he says looking down at Maddie with a questioning look.

    "you mean you cried?" she says

"yes! and after that, I burnt the letter and the feelings whoop still there so I really feel strongly that Jo needs to know how sorry I am for destroying our family but let's face it guys I mean Elena you of all people should be able to look past all of the things I've done and see there's good somewhere in me, just like Maddie always has even when there truly was none. You did it with Damon" he says

   "ok I think we are done here come on" Damon says

    "actually what if there's something he can do for us in exchange" Elena says