Chapter One

After months of being kept on an annoyingly tight leash by her brothers, she decided that tonight will be the night when she finally gets some space to hang out with her girls. Of course, they had visited since she had turned, however they had all been very busy and had no time for girls' nights. When Elena called and asked her to come she was ecstatic after she and Damon broke up there was a much-needed night off, they had their differences but Maddie loved her like a sister and there's nothing she wouldn't do for her. The same goes for Bonnie and Caroline who both made the transition a bit easier by giving tips and helping with control. After putting on some leggings and one of her white long sleeves, she runs down the steps and attempts to make it out the door without either of the boys noticing. However, both of their eyes follow as she walks towards the door and they look at her with confusion.

    "where do you think you're going?" Damon asks

    "I'm gonna go feed, then I'm headed to Elena's for a bit so don't wait up"

    "are you sure you don't want one of us to come with you?" Stefan speaks up, she smiles at her twin and places her hands on his shoulders

    "how are you gonna learn to trust me if you never leave my side?" she asks

    "I don't know Maddie"  he says taking a sip of the glass of bourbon in his hand

     "I need to go be with people other than my two annoying ass brothers I'm starting to go crazy" she says with a smile on my face, Stef returns it and she knows that she's got him hooked

    "ok be careful" Stef says, she smiles and ruins his hair earning a playful glare

    "always am!"

As soon as she shuts the door she vamp speeds to the forest where she finds a small animal to feed off of, it isn't much but for now, it will do. After finishing the meal quickly she starts to head toward Elena's house, suddenly she hears a twig snap, she turns looking in all directions for the culprit, after she sees nobody around she turns and vamp speeds to Elena's. She knocks on the door and within a second a familiar blonde opens the door with a smile on her face, she pulls Maddie into the house where the other two girls sat with cookie dough on their fingers and smiles on their faces. She runs over to them and wraps her arms around their shoulders.

"guys I really needed this" 

"me too, with everything going on we deserve a break," Elena says holding up the spoon to her mouth, she leans forward and takes the cookie dough off of it, and smiles as the sweet taste makes her feel a bit better. The girls instantly get into the deep talk and confess their worry about Katherine's presence as well as Nadia her long-lost daughter. None of them trusted her. Katherine was dying and Maddie already made her peace with it, she spent the afternoon with her old friend laughing and discussing old memories they shared. She would be sad to see the woman go but it was for the best, Katherine Pierce was dangerous and the world would be safer without her. 

"so Elena how are things going with Damon?" Bonnie asks, the girl instantly looks at Maddie feeling uncomfortable at the question. She laughs and gives her a look full of curiosity because she was curious as well.

    "Elena just because he's my brother doesn't mean you can't tell me about him"

    "ok well to be honest he drives me absolutely insane, he's reckless and makes horrible decisions because he's the single most selfish person I've ever met in my entire life"